Author Topic: A Dark Room - Candy box mixed with survival  (Read 7687 times)

This collection of text has accomplished to unnerve me more than Amnesia, Cry of Fear, and other such games could. I can't wait to get into it more.
The game disappointed me a bit.

I don't like it. It made me waste an hour by clicking buttons and looking at numbers. Then the game turned into NetHack and I became very uninterested.

I've got a compass, why can't I embark?

I've got a compass, why can't I embark?
You need cured meat to embark.
Anyone have any tips for stocking up on wood?

You need cured meat to embark.
Anyone have any tips for stocking up on wood?

Set everyone to gather wood and leave the game open for a while.

Does "the world fades" mean that you died and lost all items from that adventure? I get that a lot.
Edit: Found an iron mine. Game suddenly got easy. It's a shame that the world randomizes every now and then.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:41:03 AM by Demian »

Does "the world fades" mean that you died and lost all items from that adventure? I get that a lot.
Edit: Found an iron mine. Game suddenly got easy. It's a shame that the world randomizes every now and then.

It means you died, yes. You loose all your weapons, fur, teeth, meat but you keep your armour, carrying thing (rucksack, wagon, convoy), and your water thing.

It's a shame you can't seem to have a larger village than 80 people.
Edit: Can you do anything with alien alloy?
Edit2: Oh man now I got a sulfur mine to worry about. The further you get in the game the longer everything is going to take. It sucks that you only have 80 people.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:30:11 AM by Demian »

Is it just me, or do random events seem to happen after you stoke the fire?

If the villagers catch a thief and you get the option to hang him or spare him, spare him, he will teach you the stealthy perk.

i cant find anything higher then coal mines. x.x
is there anything? ive been out to nearly every edge and unseen spot and thought i would have found something.

lol do you guys multi weapon? im spamming like 4 melee weapons at once for some fast killin :D

i need charm now

oo boi and i don't HAVE it hahahaa

oh my

oh myyyy
i have a spaceship

I just beat it. At the end BIG SPOILER: The game just resets. I hate endings like that :( It was an interesting game.