Author Topic: I need the original After School Special song  (Read 873 times)

I don't know if this would be better suited in GD, but here goes:

I want to do a longer remix of After School Special and I was wondering if anybody knew where the original song is. AFAIK I heard someone mention that it was an example song that came with garageband(?) or some other music editor, and seeing as it sounds digitally created I'm inclined to think that's right. So I'd like to have
  • the original file
  • the name of the music editor it goes with

so I could get the original instrument sounds and the right notes when I go and butcher it.

If in the rare event it isn't a file and it really does come from that Mexican researcho music video, I'll find some other way to get the notes and sounds.

Can't you grab it from your Blockland folder? I'm pretty sure you can, might check. If I'm wrong, my bad.

so i guess you're making an...

alteration

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Can't you grab it from your Blockland folder? I'm pretty sure you can, might check. If I'm wrong, my bad.

I can, but I am not good at getting notes from listening to songs. I need a file that will show me the keys and allow me to stereo mix record all the instruments in C.

so i guess you're making an...
alteration
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Yeah. I want to do to After School Special what DJ Dain did to Triage at Dawn: make it longer, cooler, and with a lot more brass.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:49:12 AM by Alteration »

I can, but I am not good at getting notes from listening to songs. I need a file that will show me the keys and allow me to stereo mix record all the instruments in C.
So, a MIDI file. You could ask people on YouTube who've done remixes of the song to send you the MIDI they used/made for it, have fun with that.

So, a MIDI file. You could ask people on YouTube who've done remixes of the song to send you the MIDI they used/made for it, have fun with that.

I know somebody made a famitracker 8-bit remix and that would be just as nice to have the .ftm, but the reason I didn't want a second hand remix like a .midi or whatever is because I want to have the original instrument sounds too so it sounds like the original song.

I know somebody made a famitracker 8-bit remix and that would be just as nice to have the .ftm, but the reason I didn't want a second hand remix like a .midi or whatever is because I want to have the original instrument sounds too so it sounds like the original song.
It sounds like it was recorded, not generated. You'll have to find a VST that sounds like the instruments well enough for use or find a way to clip the instrument voices in the actual song. Unless someone's already done this, in which case you'll have to look around.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:09:35 PM by Renekar »

It sounds like it was recorded, not generated. You'll have to find a VST that sounds like the instruments well enough for use or find a way to clip the instrument voices in the actual song. Unless someone's already done this, in which case you'll have to look around.

I'm fairly certain it's generated. The wobbly synths a ways into it sound very tracked and the instruments sound exactly the same throughout.
And I would look around but "After School Special" is not the original name of the song apparently.

I'll just wait for some other replies. Maybe Badspot will grace this thread with his knowledge and provide an answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGu0MiDpyZw
Quote from: TheElectrk
The music they used is stock music, Blockland did not get it from this video

I saw it in some indian food commercial once.