Author Topic: new laptop  (Read 1645 times)

it's an acer aspire V5-571P-6866, it seems like we got a great deal, we bought it for a lot less...i've been playing with it for awhile and it's great, though laptop touch pads and touch screens get annoying...can be easily fixed using a regular mouse, but i think i might sell the laptop online so i can finally upgrade my pc.

the fact that the intel integrated graphics card (intel hd graphics 4000 w/ i3-3227U processor) on it can run blockland minimum shaders is cool lol. every other choice is not grayed out, but when i select them, they look the same as no shaders, so i'm not sure about that. really is a fun laptop, might use it a bit for video/voice chatting since it has a built in webcam with mic and it can record video/take pictures with windows 8 support.

overall, this laptop is better than my desktop. ;-;

not sure what i should do with this laptop, i feel like something will happen to it, so i'm not sure if i should get rid of it before it's too late to make money off of it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:42:51 PM by Sami2ss »

lulz ima h4x u11
I 4M T0T41 L3G1T H4X0RrRRRrrR!!1111111

loll ure useing windews 8 cigaretteet

last christmans I ditched my $500 laptop which ran Blockland minimum shaders for a $500 desktop which runs Blockland high shaders

loll ure useing windews 8 cigaretteet
lol linux is where it's at

Put Fedora Linux on it

Runs like a dream

Put Fedora Linux on it

Runs like a dream

fedora is an awful distro, and yum is a piece of stuff

fedora is an awful distro, and yum is a piece of stuff
Minus finding A/V codecs, everything has been smooth sailing for me so far.

No but like, I could get programs and everything to install fine, but they would crash constantly. yum is awful because of the steps needed to install/uninstall packages.

yum is possibly one of the worst package managers i have ever dealt with

i think my favorite package manager is pacman, honestly

Nice job derailing the topic on the first page guys, you should bring it to the computer megathread