Menen is on the EASTERN COAST

Author Topic: Menen is on the EASTERN COAST  (Read 1860 times)

I am currently in the LAND OF MARY visiting my sister for my birthday :D

We get to go see fireworks in DC tomorrow and holy crap this place is kinda awesome. First off they have Fireflies, which I have never seen before and holy crap they are amazing. Second, this place has legal fireworks and Im going to set some off because I've never done that in Nevada (the dry air and brush causes fires easily). For some reason the little town im in does their firework show a day early, so the more chemical explosions the better

I get to stay here for 3 weeks and while i'm here I get to go to New York for 3 days and stay in some super ritzy hotel.

This is going to be awesome.

What should I do while I visit here and New York? I got 3 weeks

We get to go see fireworks in DC tomorrow and holy crap this place is kinda awesome. First off they have Fireflies, which I have never seen before and holy crap they are amazing. Second, this place has legal fireworks and Im going to set some off because I've never done that in Nevada (the dry air and brush causes fires easily). For some reason the little town im in does their firework show a day early, so the more chemical explosions the better

I get to stay here for 3 weeks and while i'm here I get to go to New York for 3 days and stay in some super ritzy hotel.

you should see the illegal ones

NSA if you see this
go away

Climb up the Statue of Liberty and awe at the view and then cry about the amount of stairs.

you should see the illegal ones

NSA if you see this
go away
Somebody is going to make an account called NSA
I feel it in my bones

How old are you boy?
Quote from: Menen's Profile

Happy birthday by the way.

Come to Upstate NY.

We have mountains and free candy and I'll even let you pet my dog.

the statue of liberty is overrated as forget
come to nassau county for the best pizza around

West Coast is best coast.

West Coast is best coast.

I miss Nevada's dry air. This humidity is horrid

Quote from: baltimore.about.com, "What Fireworks Are Legal in Maryland?"
The answer is not too many. Unless part of a public display (approved by the local fire department), most fireworks are illegal in Maryland. In these counties, there is an outright ban of all consumer fireworks.

Baltimore City
Prince George's
Montgomery

However, sparklers containing no chlorates or perchlorates, and ground-based sparkling devices that are non-aerial and non-explosive are permitted in most of the rest of the state. Typically this includes “gold label” sparklers, “snap-n-pops,” “black snakes,” and “Champagne party poppers.” The sale of sparklers to persons under the age of 16 is illegal.
These counties and municipalities ban ground-based sparklers:

Harford County
Howard County
Ocean City
most people go out of state to buy their fireworks usually, that's why you tend to see firework retail billboards near state borders in MD.  there are plenty of public fireworks shows, however, namely the inner harbor of Baltimore (best view is on Federal Hill but you'd better camp there in the morning to guarantee your spot, your next best bet is basically sitting in the inner harbor unless you are lucky enough to be in one of the skyscrapers or have a friend live very close and go on their rooftop).  never been to DC fireworks though that should be cool.

i highly suggest visiting annapolis, baltimore and DC.  plenty of cool historical and cultural things in baltimore and annapolis and DC has plenty of national-scale attractions (national mall, etc.).  i also highly advise keeping a constant eye on the weather reports, many people here just say "if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes".  keep bugspray and sunscreen stocked, some areas in MD don't really suffer from mosquitos but some areas you'll be bitten constantly.

have fun in MD!