Author Topic: [Project] City Hall [Updated]  (Read 4988 times)

nice!

i dislike the trees though. they could have some more detail in them
pass, your so stinkin' picky!
the trees are fine

Remove the top half of the rotunda, and fix the dome to look less... odd

Looks like the courthouse in my downtown area:

Nice.

Clever way to make the flags.

the rampy parts look a little silly with nothing behind them tho =(

Nice.

Clever way to make the flags.

I'll have the ramp issue fixed in the next update. I've risen the dome and done some other things.

Okay, I've updated the building and started to work on the interior.

nice interior!
i'd appreciate it better though if you could see the underside of the dome though. would be neat to see light streaming in from outside through the dome windows.

Nice build.
thanks

nice interior!
i'd appreciate it better though if you could see the underside of the dome though. would be neat to see light streaming in from outside through the dome windows.
I'm actually planning on that. The foyer is the only room I've got done so far. It turned out a lot bigger than I expected, so now I need to figure out what to fill the rooms with...

I would like Cohort members to note this please.

Origiality: 3/4
Colorset used: 4/4
Variety: 2,5/4
Complexity of the build: 2/4
General layout: 3/4

14,5/20

you modified the trees i see, and you also added an interior, the colorset you used is pretty cool and i like it very much. The build is beautiful with shaders. i personally think a builder like you may do more complicated things, i remember what you did on your rp ;P

By the experience i have with you, and knowing you are a serious builder, its a yes from me!
but, of course, others members need to vote! ;P

Update: Seeing your past works, it's a yes from Derroith!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:44:18 AM by Sylvanor »

your app coulda been a rainbow tree brick- i've seen your talent in the past. however ima reserve complete judgement but it's most likely a yes

I've seen some of your previous work, and just based on that I would say yes.
I must say that this isn't your best work. There are some slight "flaws" that I would like to point out. Don't get me wrong; this is still a very good build. But I know a builder like you doesn't want to get complimented all the time and is interested in some serious feedback to improve his skills.

The first thing I notice is the cupola. Personally, I think it is too tall and/or not wide enough. It looks unrealistic for some reason; I don't think the roof could support a cupola of this size in real life.

The columns in the entrance area look too fragile as well. I'd like some thicker columns, but those would maybe block the view and look stupid. Idk, you have to experiment a little (you've probably tried it already and found this to be the best-looking solution)

The windows could use a little bit more spice, as they look quite bland right now. How about some small ornaments around the windows to highlight them? Kinda like this old build of mine (couldn't find better pictures right now, but you get the idea)

The technique you used for the flags is very creative, but I honestly don't think it looks very good. The flags are swaying too much. There's no way a real flag would look like that. 

I really don't have any critique for the interior. It is well executed, clean and simple. Better than most of my interiors.

Despite all of the above, I would like to have you as a fellow member in Cohort. It's a yes from me. Remember I only pointed out the flaws and not the good stuff (which outweighs the flaws by far).

The interior of this build is well done. You perfectly captured the look of a government building. The dome could be inflated to be a bit higher, but the odd dome doesn't change that it is a well done building. Keep up the good work.

I, like Leo, do no think this is your best build. That said, I know you are a wonderful builder and I won't say "no" just because this isn't the best you've done. Yes from me!

I'll take all the advice that King Leo gave and continue to reconstruct the exterior. Thanks for all the critiques! ^^