Author Topic: Stuck on startup screen, Keyboard wont work  (Read 1198 times)

So I start up my computer. It loads the HP splashscreen, then boots into the menu where it says to select Safe Mode, SM with Cmd Prompt, SM with Networking, and select Start Windows up. Problem is, I cant select anything because the keyboard wont work. I use a PS/2 Keyboard. its plugged correctly into the right port, removed and replaced the battery, reinserted the PS/2 Ribbon cable, and tried using a USB Keyboard. None of the options work.
Please help.

How did you type this if your keyboard or computer won't work
(Stupid question, I know, But OP never stated how he typed this out.)

How did you type this if your keyboard or computer won't work
(Stupid question, I know, But OP never stated how he typed this out.)
Used my dads laptop.

I Think it's that the power supply got busted. my father had a similar problem, but the screen stopped working at first.
Or it could be that the master boot drive got completely wrecked by a virus, use a set-up disc or a repair disc if you have one.
If it is a power supply malfunction, replace it with a more powerful one, if that doesn't work and my master boot drive work around doesn't work, reformat the computer or replace the Harddrive.
<3

Does the Num Lock LED light up? Does the LED flicker when you slam the Num Lock button repeatedly?
There's a chance your PC no longer registers PS/2 input. I once had something like this when I tried to get my PS/2 on after my USB. The PS/2 did absolutely nothing. Plug your keyboard out, close the PC (<whatever order), open the PC, put your keyboard back in and restart once more.

Alt solution I found online with a problem like yours:
Hello,

Try this 1

Turn off your PC --> Remove the power cord --> Open the cabinet --> Remove

the CMOS battery for 20mins. After the specific time, place the CMOS battery back

properly ---> Connect the power cord --> Now Turn ON your PC.

Good Luck

I found the source of the problem . Part of the PS/2 Cable keeps sticking out of the port.