Author Topic: Not blocko mods  (Read 6529 times)

Guys chill.

Seriously just chill the forget out.

If you do not like the halo mod, or the Pokemon mod, or the whatever the stuff mod, then don't download it and stop attacking anyone and everyone that suggests/makes one. If someone hosts a server with that stuff, it will not spread to your server like an epidemic. People are already assimilating names of video game characters and objects which cause you to become strangely irritated and ill, so the release of a few not-blocko mods will probably not change the situation. Maybe you will see a thread about such a not-blocko mod pop up one day in add-ons, and if you get depressed, irritated, mentally unstable and suicidal because of a loving thread title than I would recommend you get some professional help, or at least not go into the thread to attack whoever and whatever you see first.

This is exactly why I never released my nice planetside things even though some individuals wanted them, I was going to get E-ssaulted as soon as I did. Actually, I was getting attacked for simply posting pics of them. I know you have your opinions but quit shoving them down other people's throats.

ladios approves the above statement not for clans though

Well...I partially agree.

I don't think models of anything from another game ported directly from another game should be allowed ( AKA the planetside ones or the HL2 weapons).

Porting them isn't a matter of skill and it really, really doesn't fit the theme.

On the other hand, mods which may not necessarily fit with existing items or games (like the pokemon mod) are ok because it isn't a model port, its new content.

In the end I think its a matter of effort. If you honestly put effort into the creation of something whether it be a weapon, a vehicle or a full mod it should deserve a shot at fame. Importing models is not a case of effort or imagination.

To support you however, I do agree that people respond too quickly and too negatively to 'bad' mods.

Ace

I agree whole-heartedly.

This is exactly why I never released my nice planetside things
RELEASE THEM NOW

I don't think models of anything from another game ported directly from another game should be allowed ( AKA the planetside ones or the HL2 weapons).

Stop, stop right there.

I spent three whole loving days rebuilding the damn weapons, vertex by vertex in milkshape. The ONLY things I did not create were the various skins and textures I used, which were downloaded.

Three days...

Stop, stop right there.

I spent three whole pandaing days rebuilding the damn weapons, vertex by vertex in milkshape. The ONLY things I did not create were the various skins and textures I used, which were downloaded.

Three days...

Congratulations. You wasted 3 days porting over weapons that no one wanted with textures you don't own which ended up looking like crap.

I have nothing personal against you muffin but they were really lame.

Effort is not equal to time.

I for one, enjoy a bit of diversity. Blockland does not have its own universe or fiction, so why should people frown on added content. Especially when it is as good as your Planetside stuff (from the pictures I have seen, they looked pretty good).

I personally don't see the rationality behind the "keep <Insert Game Here> in <Insert Game Here>, don't put it in Blockland!"

I agree partially as well, the part that disagrees says to play the game with the content you want.

Idc what the mod contains as long as it doesn't suck.

Effort is not equal to time.

No you're right, I was eating ice cream and riding dolphins the entire time! No effort at all!

Effort = Quality, at differing rates per person.

Effort = Quality, at differing rates per person.

Oh come on.

Effort helps improve quality, but then you have other factors that play bigger roles on quality as well, namely Background experience and skill.

Effort is Energy and how much you put into something. This is also affected a bit by the amount of actual interest you have in your work. Now I worked all day for 1-2-3 days straight modeling those weapons, and unless I wasn't interested I wouldn't have worked at all on this because it was a real pain to make. But I guess I wasn't putting enough energy into it because the quality was not up to par with that Gmod add-on that turned you into superman with fully animated flexing pecs made by a professional game developer with a masters in Computer Science and straight As in all of his CGI animation courses. I mean he must've put WAY more effort into those 2 hours it took him to make that than my entire life saga combined because the quality is just pandaing insane! Note that I don't know whether you can actually take CGI courses, I'm not studying computer sciences. This was an example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effort

Telling me my creations suck, and then comparing quality to effort and accusing me of putting none into what I made is really just kicking me twice in the groin. How could you know the amount of energy someone put into something when you are not even present to take a definate measure of it? "Alright guys, we're going to burn this coal and guess how hot it is in Kelvins". You could've simply said my skills were not up to par, which they weren't and still aren't, and I would have been fine with it. But atleast have the decency to leave indefinite accusations out of the equation.

Alright, I'm done. Don't make me dust off one of my philosophy books, I swear to god I'll pull out the definition of the word Justice and melt your brains.

I know, but some people just aren't nearly as good as others when it comes to doing things, but I do agree that effort = quality. Just not always at an equal rate, because there are just things that people cannot, forget to, or don't want to do; all of these will effect the end product in some way.

This is what I would think of as a general phenomenon, I'm not pointing fingers.

Theres effort...and then theres wasted effort.

In the end, the product (the planetside weapons) sucked so much, you may have well been eating ice cream and riding dolphins.

Riddler did a lot of work to do what he did, he didn't ride dolphins....does that mean we should appreciate what he did?

All Albert Einstein did was sit in a lab or an office or 2 and work on equations, does that mean his contributions are worth nothing?