Author Topic: What are the U.S. laws about launching satellites  (Read 1964 times)

Just out of curiosity what are the us laws about launching satellites into oribt?

Once you have succesfully launched a Satellite into orbit, US law has the right to list you as a dirty space race commie and shoot it out of the sky.

Oh yay now I just need $19,250.

i wanted to put a sattellite into orbit that would work like sputnik except i could upload a .mp3 or something to it whenever i feel like it and it will transmit it over every radio band

its not like they can do anything about it

I want to put a new sattelite into orbit so we have a backup internet chatroom incase mr. richardfacepresident obama shuts down the interwebs.

I want to put a new sattelite into orbit so we have a backup internet chatroom incase mr. richardfacepresident obama shuts down the interwebs.
Be sure to arm it with shields and laser cannons and missiles to protect it from "mr. richardfacepresident obama"

I have to consider adding "Launching a Satellite containing a hard drive filled with child research into orbit" to my bucket list.

Well, unless you suddenly get thousands of dollars, I don't think that will happen.

The US has become the new USSR. The selfish men and women in office would just assume that your Satellite is being used for terrorism or something.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:48:59 AM by Harm94 »

The US has become the new USSR. A big, Paranoid country run bun selfish old men and women.
*selfish christian old men and women

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=236830.0
guys it all makes sense now
brian works for an underground mafia that is planning to take over the U.S by launching a small inconspicuous mind control satellite in space

*selfish christian old men and women
I doubt they are true Christians, rather they say they are Christian just to get voted into office. Either way they are old and selfish. They try to take our rights away, but they can keep theirs.

OP you must make a light enough satellite and launch via weather balloon. Once it reaches the thermosphere you must use rockets to get it past earth's gravitational pull.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:52:30 AM by Harm94 »

i wanted to put a sattellite into orbit that would work like sputnik except i could upload a .mp3 or something to it whenever i feel like it and it will transmit it over every radio band

its not like they can do anything about it
Except that the radio waves are extremely regulated and they will find you and then fine you loads of money. They also might bring it down and then charge you for the cost of removal.

Except that the radio waves are extremely regulated and they will find you and then fine you loads of money. They also might bring it down and then charge you for the cost of removal.
how will they know it was me?