Author Topic: My 1st Real Mountain  (Read 1274 times)

I built a mountain for a Medieval RPG that I'm working on. I figured I'd share it with you guys to get some constructive criticism. The peak part of it was built by somebody who's name i cant seem to remember, but I went over it again and made it look better and i built the rest all by myself. Here it is.

We've reached the Throat of the World

Ik there are a few odd faces and an unrealistic peak/tower thing but idk i felt there needs to be a very top

- Feel free to rate. -

looks ok
Any suggestions? Or is it just the awkward flat parts.

unless the player is a 2x2 cube height this doesn't relaly count as a mountain

that's just me being technical and realistic though. however, there's still the same issue here: mountains aren't easily climbable, and they're much bigger than that.
using 4x4 cube height differences makes it look nice and smooths it out but sometimes you just have to spam them on top of each other to get the effect you need/want

if you want a really realistic mountain start with 3-4 64x cubes stacked on top of each other. if a dwarf mountain do 1 1/2 (1 64x cube, 1 32x cube)

it's not really a mountain; you can see the giant cubes and the smaller cubes, so it looks unnatural. Real mountains don't have plain flat sides like that.

unless the player is a 2x2 cube height this doesn't relaly count as a mountain

that's just me being technical and realistic though. however, there's still the same issue here: mountains aren't easily climbable, and they're much bigger than that.
using 4x4 cube height differences makes it look nice and smooths it out but sometimes you just have to spam them on top of each other to get the effect you need/want

if you want a really realistic mountain start with 3-4 64x cubes stacked on top of each other. if a dwarf mountain do 1 1/2 (1 64x cube, 1 32x cube)
yesss the feedback i was looking for. Ty something actually useful! :)

if you can tell where the large baseplate cubes, youre doing it wrong.. along with what other said, this doesnt really constitute as a mountain, not even a hill - it looks like a mound with a spike

if you make big flat sides, you probably want to make them out of rock. dirt doesnt form 30 ft walls as far as i know..

if you can tell where the large baseplate cubes, youre doing it wrong.. Understandable along with what other said, this doesnt really constitute as a mountain, not even a hill - it looks like a mound with a spike I understand but this is about as big as i want it to be for what im doing.

if you make big flat sides, you probably want to make them out of rock. dirt doesnt form 30 ft walls as far as i know..  That just doesn't look as good to me but it would be more realistic.

try this on for size chum!!1

weel mnt dew

thats not a mountain more like a pillar - mountains are so much bigger

This "mountain" looks more like a spike coming out of the ground to me. Make less steep and add a bit more detail to it. That should make it look better.

Looks more like a monolith or a carving to astonish some blocklandian God.

try this on for size chum!!1

weel mnt dew
haha casual i once did like 3x that on badspot's server (pwn)

Not exactly a mountain shape, but I do like the transition from grass to snow

Ok i've gotten all of the feedback i needed or wanted. Locking Thread.