My boss made me an offer yesterday

Author Topic: My boss made me an offer yesterday  (Read 1469 times)

So recently I've been attending a career center for my high school diploma, doing online classes for my bachelor degree and computer certifications.  I've been doing all this because I want to go into the computer based fields, and I work at a local computer store.  I've worked there probably a year and a half now and I've mostly decided I want to own one of the three shops as a career, and maybe expand that.  The only problem being buying part of a business isn't cheap at all, and working as manager making $17.25/hr isn't nearly enough to afford that after 5 years of actively saving every penny.

Me and my boss have become really close over the year and a half, he's a really cool guy and we usually just chat about the computer world whenever we're in the shop together.  Well yesterday he stopped me and we went to his office and whatnot, I thought I was in trouble but he actually made an offer that after I finish all my schooling he'd be willing to hand over one of the shops to me for a year and see how I manage, and if he finds it to be adequate, after the year he'll give me a price and I can either accept it and pay it off as I can or I can continue as a manager there.

Not really sure what to say about it, I don't have a degree in business or anything so I'm not entirely sure what I'll do

What do you guys think I should do?

Do it.
I want to but if everything falls through and I forget up, I'm held liable.

if you get pusillanimous individual do it

Come on, chances like this only come once in a lifetime. You can do it.

Infinite Blockland auth keys.

stop crying and do it.

you see big opportunity, you take

Where is your child in this?

Where is your child in this?
Is this genuine or are you attempting to make a sadistic joke?

do it bro. if you've managed as a manager (no pun intended) for this long, you should definitely try to go up the food-chain.

Being a 14 year-old, I have no career experience, but I can say that it sounds like a good deal.

I want to but if everything falls through and I forget up, I'm held liable.
Wouldn't this happen even if you ran your own business?

He trusts you enough to give you a store. Do it. It's what you dreamt of. Of course, if you have any problems, you can always ask him for help. You said it yourself, he is a good friend of yours

Being a 12 year-old, I have no career experience, but I can say that it sounds like a good deal.