Author Topic: Are We Still Using That Old Engine?  (Read 6082 times)

You can sell your games with the free version of Unity.
yeah, because otherwise it'd be even less used lol

This game called BeamNG Drive (its in alpha) simulates realtime vehicle physics/crashes etc. theres a video below. The cool thing is that it runs Torque3D. I do not know if the physics has its own engine (like bullet which is what BL uses) but still its pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X77cThD4vj8

Torque3D is terrible, shown by how terribly optimized that game is.

It's in alpha lol. Also the physics engine is seperate, they just use torque3d for the visuals.

It's in alpha lol. Also the physics engine is seperate, they just use torque3d for the visuals.

Torque3D is not in alpha.

Torque3D is not in alpha.

Sorry I was saying the game was in alha...you could've figured that out simply by googling the game but I guess you didn't even do that.

That game was awesome. I'm downloading it right now.

Sorry I was saying the game was in alha

I know it is. But you don't reply to a post saying that an engine is terrible by saying a game using the engine is in alpha. The engine is not in alpha.

I know it is. But you don't reply to a post saying that an engine is terrible by saying a game using the engine is in alpha. The engine is not in alpha.
What the forget are you talking about? I never said the engine was in alpha, I said the game was, and in the above quote you said that you understood I was referring to the game but then below you are saying I was referring to the engine. What are you trying to do here?

What the forget are you talking about? I never said the engine was in alpha, I said the game was, and in the above quote you said that you understood I was referring to the game but then below you are saying I was referring to the engine. What are you trying to do here?

I didn't say you were referring to the engine. I clearly understood and said that you were referring to the game which is in alpha, which I knew it was. You were replying to a post which claimed that the engine was bad, which is very true, by saying that a game which uses the engine is in alpha. That's just like saying a fruit presser is bad because some orange juice made using it didn't taste good. A completely independant game being in alpha has nothing to do with an engine that isn't in alpha being bad or not.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:33:33 AM by Port »