Author Topic: Do the Surge Protectors on Outlet Multipliers Work Well Enough Against Lightnin?  (Read 574 times)

Pretty much the title. Do the Surge Protectors on Outlet Multipliers work well? I'm asking since there's thunder going over and soon presumably lightning - so I'm wondering if the surge protector built in to an outlet multiplier is enough to protect my computer from a random (very unlikely but possible) lightning strike. I googled but nothing came up on the matter.

Pretty much the title. Do the Surge Protectors on Outlet Multipliers work well? I'm asking since there's thunder going over and soon presumably lightning - so I'm wondering if the surge protector built in to an outlet multiplier is enough to protect my computer from a random (very unlikely but possible) lightning strike. I googled but nothing came up on the matter.
no. get an apc unit and/or power strip with a breaker in it. it's the only guaranteed way.

no. get an apc unit and/or power strip with a breaker in it. it's the only guaranteed way.
Guess I'm unplugging my computer then assuming nobody says otherwise. Weird that it offers no protection at all against them but ah well I guess. :(

Most power strips have surge protectors in them, you should be safe as far as I know. Storms nearly every day in monsoon season here in Payson, never had anything bad happen.