Author Topic: I'm thinking of getting linux.  (Read 482 times)

I have no idea what it is. I have never used it before. I know it will be better than what I have here though. I currently have a windows vista PC that was built millions of years ago(maybe).

Great OS, just not as many games are available for it.  If I were you I'd just get another HDD and dual boot Windows and Linux.

If you do end up getting Linux, I recommend Ubuntu. It's worked the best for me so far.

wat.
buy a new hard drive and install linux on the new hard drive
it isn't really that hard is it

buy a new hard drive and install linux on the new hard drive
it isn't really that hard is it
OH. I can do that :D.

OH. I can do that :D.
Just make sure that when you are trying to install Linux to the other hard drive that you don't accidentally install on top of the windows one and lose all your stuff.

I dont have any monies tho. I can't buy a hard drive. One more year until I'll be old enough to get a job.

I'm sure you have a little bit.

This here is a 32gb SSD for less than fifty bucks.  If you save up just a little bit that would probably be a good choice, especially considering the OS is free.  Ubuntu isn't a very heavy OS so you wouldn't really need much space, and any other space you might need you can get later.

But if you still can't afford it, I feel for you man.

Don't get it unless you actually have a reason to do so. If you have no problems with Windows, keep windows. Never mind, anything is better than Vista, haha.

In any case, I'd recommend Ubuntu or Linux Mint, as they're both pretty stable and good for starters.

if you have a low end system, linux is pretty good for it

no cheese, i'm talking about windows 7 or xp