Author Topic: Purchasing a key for a friend, question  (Read 1283 times)

I am going to purchase a key for one of my friends (his parents don't like paying online), I told him to give me his email so that its like he actually owns the account and can retrieve his key if he forgets it. However, will any of my billing/credit card info be sent with an email that goes to his account? Could he ever find out about the credit card/billing by asking for support? Is it safer to just use my email instead?

Get him to pay by mail.

However, will any of my billing/credit card info be sent with an email that goes to his account? Could he ever find out about the credit card/billing by asking for support?
No.

But, if you still aren't comfortable with that, just buy him an amazon gift card and he can buy it himself.
[/thread]
Though I can assure you that he couldn't find anything out about the card.

You get two emails; 1 from Amazon and 1 from Blockland support.

The email from Amazon details the purchase. You'll get a transaction ID and your credit number will appear as xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-yyyy (the last four digits will be visible, as you might expect).

The email from Blockland support simply displays your new activation code and links to download the game.

I can grab some images, should you want them. <3

-snip-

Look at YOUR activation email, see if it has any of your info on it. If it doesn't, you're fine. If it does, just use your email or

Get him to pay by mail.

I don't have the original activation email. Also, I am a bit confused, blockland normally uses Amazon when you click Pay now on the website, the website says its $9.98 or whatever but when I click pay now it asks for my credit card and doesn't give me a price. When I go directly on Amazon and search there it says its $20. On PayPal it says its $9.98. If I were to buy an Amazon Gift Card it would have to be $20 no? Ill just use my email...

If your really scared your friend is secretly evil enough to attempt to social engineer your credit card and stuff, just buy it like your buying one for yourself. If he loses the key, you could email him the key again. If your friend is a true friend and isn't evil, I'm sure he would never even think about attempting to mess with your stuff.

what kinda friend is this that this is even a concern

what kinda friend is this that this is even a concern
I was just thinking about this.
If you're willing to buy the game for someone you shouldn't need to worry about them stealing your credit info o-o

no receipt emails ever, from any site or store has enough info on it to do any harm.
that would just be dumb.

many stores and checkouts auto-save credit card info. so the buyer dosnt even have to remember his own info.
it would be irresponsible to suddenly show that info in an email. thats how a hacker could go beyond buying a few items, to helping himself to your entire card.

no receipt emails ever, from any site or store has enough info on it to do any harm.
that would just be dumb.

many stores and checkouts auto-save credit card info. so the buyer dosnt even have to remember his own info.
it would be irresponsible to suddenly show that info in an email. thats how a hacker could go beyond buying a few items, to helping himself to your entire card.
I swear they need to have pin numbers on it too - but make it so it doesn't save that
so atleast you have some security.

I was just thinking about this.
If you're willing to buy the game for someone you shouldn't need to worry about them stealing your credit info o-o
Id rather put my own security first, a friend is a friend, not a family member. I don't know if he has others who share his computer, I don't know whether or not he stays signed into email. I don't know who else uses the computer, whether they can be nice or evil.