Author Topic: Two Kings in a love hate relationship?  (Read 1172 times)

Not gay kings.

Two Kings where they tried to kill each other a lot through assassinations, but they constantly outsmarted each other and instead of being mad, they were like "Oh you!"

Was there something like this between to actual Kings or royal houses?

Ninja edit

I don't know about you, but if somebody tried to assassinate me, I wouldn't be all like, "Oh, you!"

I'd be all like, "Die motherforgeter."

Yeah, being like 'Oh you' doesn't seem like the right attitude.

doing so sure sounds like an easy way to label yourself unfit to rule

Did you guys completely miss the part where they've been doing this for such a long time it's practically become a prank war.

Did you guys completely miss the part where they've been doing this for such a long time it's practically become a prank war.

Sort of like the whole "Warriors who have met each-other in battle so many times, though enemies, consider each-other friends and enjoy the chance to fight each-other" thing?
I don't think that such a thing can really apply on the level of kings. An attempt on your life is not just a threat to your life, it's a threat to the security of your entire kingdom. Much too serious to derive any real enjoyment from.

I mean, maybe if you're brothers and you've been trying to "one-up" each-other since you were kids
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:13:45 AM by Tokthree »

it's also extremely implausible outside of fiction

it's also extremely implausible outside of fiction

Romance of the Three Kingdoms fiction, if we're being specific. That anime was pretty sweet

dynasty warriors
an accurate depiction of actual chinese history

i experience this sometimes when outsmarted by a better and clever opponent and i marvel at how the hell he did it.

But the way you describe it is weird.

sounds more like something royal siblings would do to each other. since neither one has the power to have the other killed for the offence. they compete for the heir lol.

sounds more like something royal siblings would do to each other. since neither one has the power to have the other killed for the offence. they compete for the heir lol.
Although, in reality, if you're actually competing to be heir to the throne and you're secretly hiring assassins to kill your sibling, then no one is going to be happy about it.
One, you're trying to kill your sibling. He's not going to like that.
Two, it's completely illegal even for princes, and members of royal families have been executed for it. So you're not going to be admitting to doing it, so there won't ever be a friendly spin on it.

If it did happen, the "oh you" would have probably been a facade put up to not worry others and to maintain order; basically, so people don't start panicking.

dynasty warriors
an accurate depiction of actual chinese history
I DEFEATED A GENERAL

Queen Eliz certainly wasn't "oh you" with Queen of Scots