[New Poll] Wizzard's Scattered Space Dogfight: Version 3!

Poll

What kind of build would you like to see for Dogfight 3?

Islands
6 (18.2%)
Canyons
14 (42.4%)
Space
9 (27.3%)
Mountain/Volcano
4 (12.1%)
Other (specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: [New Poll] Wizzard's Scattered Space Dogfight: Version 3!  (Read 6401 times)

DOGFIGHT SERVER

After a very long absence, the highly-popular Scattered Space Dogfight server is making its return! Work has begun on the third iteration of the endless TDM, and we're looking for player input! What did you like about the previous Dogfights? What could be changed? Would would you like to see added? To refresh your memory, here is a brief history of the server:

Dogfight Canyon
Each team had two aircraft carriers loaded with stunt planes, biplanes, rowboats, and AA guns. The weapons were an odd collection of different add-ons including the trusty Combat Rifle, a version of the TF2 Heavy's minigun, the HE and Frag grenades, aircraft bombs, and default weapons. Built into the side of the canyon was the heavily-contested Hangar. Additionally, a floating platform was added in the middle of the river between the two fleets. The gamemode was run by KINEX's Vehicle Wars script.

Dogfight Island
The second Dogfight took place over a small set of islands upon which were built several structures with capture points, including a lighthouse. Instead of two identical carriers, each team had a single, larger carrier. Anti-spawnkilling measures were introduced, and the random assortment of arms was replaced by the Tier + Tactical (v1) pack. The custom loadout mechanic was introduced so that players wouldn't have to spend time re-arming themselves every time they re-spawned. The Vehicle Wars script was revamped to squash several bugs and to improve overall performance, but was eventually replaced by the Slayer add-on. At first, the carriers continued to carry stunt planes and biplanes, but most of them were switched out for custom-made dogfighters and bombers.

If you have a suggestion for a vehicle, weapon/weapon pack, item, or other add-on to be included in the newest dogfight, please include the link in your reply. We don't have time to go digging through old add-on threads just to find "that one gun that some guy made once that was pretty cool lol". Other suggestions regarding mechanics and builds are also welcome. Do you like having land to fight on, or would you rather have pure air-to-air combat? Do you like having one ship per team or two? Maybe even three?

-Hyperbob and the Scattered Space Administration Team
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:39:43 PM by Hyperbob »

Please do not ruin it with terrible planes.

Please do not ruin it with terrible planes.

What would you consider a terrible plane?

What would you consider a terrible plane?
Anything that isn't the stunt plane or the biplane.

If it's a dogfight i'd like an air focus instead of just running to the enemy base in a plane.

I loved the Dogfight Island.

finally it has returned!

the nostalgia

EDIT: I remember Colony Islands

Do you need a save of one of the Aircraft Carriers?

Holy loving stuff. My childhood is scattered all over these servers!

Uhh... I'm not so sure about a space dogfight, I liked the first server much, but lets see how this turns out.

I'm excited.

loving hate stunt plane/biplane bc of the loose loving controls

Do you need a save of one of the Aircraft Carriers?

No, but thank you. We have all of the old builds.

Uhh... I'm not so sure about a space dogfight, I liked the first server much, but lets see how this turns out.

I don't think anyone said anything about a space dogfight....

He mixed up about the fact that the clan is called Scatter Space.

I actually have the Combat Biplane and the Combat Bomber.

I actually have the Combat Biplane and the Combat Bomber.
Wait.
What.
What are those.
Gimmie.