tor websites compromised, host of some tor sites arrested

Author Topic: tor websites compromised, host of some tor sites arrested  (Read 12882 times)

privacy does not mean that you can record a video of you pissing on an 8 year old in a cage and then making money off it online. that is what the FBI is doing here lol

hey, I wonder if vertzer was caught in the bust

I don't plan on ever tolerating a government policy that says they can spy on you without a court order.

Here is a nice comparison to the real world. The tracking cookie they installed in people's browsers is about the equivalent of them attaching a GPS unit to you without you knowing. As you go around doing your normal thing, they watch where you go. A browser tracker is the same in it's own sense, because it can track the web addresses you have visited and report them to anyone who can access the cookie (ie the creators of it).

I don't think you understand the simple concept that if you do illegal things, you are bound to get caught. If you have a GPS unit attached to you in real life and you sell drugs and commit a homicide, well you're going to get caught eventually. The GPS unit will just expedite the process. Normal people have nothing to worry about. I feel like the majority of you guys who complain about the government spying on us and how our privacy is being taken away are around the ages of 9 to 15. I say that because you all (not you in particular, Pecon.) complain about ISP's monitoring what you download so you can't pirate and you all watching CP or stuff. Well, you most likely do that because you have no money and no job (obviously) to afford games or movies, so you pirate them. You also want to see peers your age nude. I get that. But just watch research, or get a gf in real life so you can be satisfied. Being as I have a job and can afford games and movies, I've no need to pirate them. It's just a phase, you'll all get over it lol.

relevant to privacy
these either a. minor things nobody cares about b. don't apply to me

these either a. minor things nobody cares about b. don't apply to me
yes i make sure I tell every one of my friends that i smoked marijuana then posted on the forums about my record of researcho and then went over and told people in Blockland that I had a seizure 6 years ago, then went on tinychat and told everyone there about my wife having a high risk of breast cancer

if the government was going to find out something and tell my wife, my boss, the police (they would do this if I broke the law. good thing I don't break the law, huh), my children, my insurer, my neighbors, my political rival, fellow school board members, or my team-mates that thing, then maybe I would  care about something like this
if you post about anything in that list on the internet you're already risking the secret getting out

Plus, it seems like a game of what-if's.

I'm pretty sure the government would not go around your neighborhood and say
"HEY DID YOU KNOW THIS GUY WATCHED 6 researchOS AND THEN PUT ON A WHITE SHIRT AFTER LABOR DAY AND HIS WIFE HAS BREAST CANCER?"

Plus, it seems like a game of what-if's.

I'm pretty sure the government would not go around your neighborhood and say
"HEY DID YOU KNOW THIS GUY WATCHED 6 researchOS AND THEN PUT ON A WHITE SHIRT AFTER LABOR DAY AND HIS WIFE HAS BREAST CANCER?"
Of course. The government decided to allocate billions of dollars to setup massive infrastructures and hire countess goverment employees all so they can find out our dirty secrets and tell people that know us about them.

I'm confused, do you only get the malware if you visited .onion websites with the malicious content?.

I'm confused, do you only get the malware if you visited .onion websites with the malicious content?.
This is correct.

How does a tracking cookie count as malware? It is given to you by an exploit, but that doesn't mean it hurts your computer.

The government probably already moniters people whenever. I am completely fine with that beause we lost our privlage to freedom. Remember in school when that one jackass screwed the class over beause he stole a pencil sharpener? Yeah. They dont want to watch you jack off and they have every right to see you, they need to have a reason in the first place dont they? Dont watch child research and they wont stalk you.

This is correct.

Well then I guess you only have to sweat it if you actually looked at that stuff then lol

"OH NO FBI TRACKED ME BECAUSE I WENT TO THE DEEP WEB LOOKING FOR ILLEGAL CONTENT BWAH HAH!"

you think real life is csi miami
the chances of that happening are very slim
and most likley the police would find out such and throw out the evidence

are you kidding me?  there's a difference between murder and premeditated murder, in a premeditated murder, blaming other people to cover your own tracks is literally a variable in almost every single case ever recorded.  Because it's easy to get away with, it's hard for a person or anything for that matter to prove you 'didn't' do something versus proving they 'did' something.  Using the internet makes it so much easier.  If 10 year old kids can figure out how to DDoS a site they dislike, I'm fairly sure a sane 40-50 year old man devising a murder would have some sense in using the internet to their advantage.

it should have been obvious that they were coming down soon. and eventually all of tor with the legal stuff as well. bitcoins whatever. it will all be shut down eventually.
nothing is anonymous on the internet. nothing is private. they can stop anything they want.

but you all knew this right? i mean you cant claim to have a secret corner of the internet, and think it will last lol. you are only inviting illegal activity and challenging law enforcement and governments to shut it down. and they always do.

How does a tracking cookie count as malware? It is given to you by an exploit, but that doesn't mean it hurts your computer.

Malware, short for malicious software, is software used or programmed by attackers to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems. It can appear in the form of code, scripts, active content, and other software. 'Malware' is a general term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software.

It's pretty broad, and can pretty easily fit to this situation.