Author Topic: Building Problems D:  (Read 2488 times)

Before I disappeared into nothing about 6 months ago, I was a pretty decent builder; I wasn't really spectacular, but I could build better than half the people I saw. Now I come back to play Blockland again, and for the past month I'm completely uninspired. I just keep building box houses, or square forts, and similar nooby builds. I has very bad builders block :panda: halp

You can't build anything decent?
Are you feeling uninspired?
Do you have a builder's block?

Then here's the cure. Get up and take a walk in the city. It's that easy.
Frankly, in a city there are so many interesting buildings or details to see, just walk with open eyes and eager mind and you shall find inspiration.
If that doesn't work, then you can try reading something. It may help you, since books require imagination and creativity to picture the happenings in your head.

I hope you recover soon.

You can't build anything decent?
Are you feeling uninspired?
Do you have a builder's block?

Then here's the cure. Get up and take a walk in the city. It's that easy.
Frankly, in a city there are so many interesting buildings or details to see, just walk with open eyes and eager mind and you shall find inspiration.
If that doesn't work, then you can try reading something. It may help you, since books require imagination and creativity to picture the happenings in your head.

I hope you recover soon.

I don't live in the city

Before I disappeared into nothing about 6 months ago, I was a pretty decent builder; I wasn't really spectacular, but I could build better than half the people I saw. Now I come back to play Blockland again, and for the past month I'm completely uninspired. I just keep building box houses, or square forts, and similar nooby builds. I has very bad builders block :panda: halp

same here.

Seriously Dr.Block, what the panda?

I have the same problem. I get slaves to build the crap that is on my RPG save. My builds are usually block-houses, too. I need things to be symmetrical (or else it doesn't look right) and that usually isn't a very appealing thing.