Author Topic: GPU question.  (Read 1284 times)

I'm trying to get the AMD Radeon HD 7670... But would it be able to run shaders and have a good performance in BL?

Also does having a better GPU decrease the lag/choppiness/freeze while you look at stuff ton of bricks at once?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a pretty medium-high end card. It should just run about any game and medium to high graphics.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a pretty medium-high end card. It should just run about any game and medium to high graphics.
Ok thnx but what about the HD 6450?

I should use Nvidia Graphic Card it is way better.

I should use Nvidia Graphic Card it is way better.
Im poor.

Im poor.
If your poor why are you getting a gaming computer? I use my laptop  :cookieMonster:

If your poor why are you getting a gaming computer? I use my laptop  :cookieMonster:
I'm not getting a computer, I'm just upgrading my GPU, you must have been confused.

I'm not getting a computer, I'm just upgrading my GPU, you must have been confused.
Oh sorry xD I have no knowledge of these things xD

If you're doing just a simple GPU upgrade on an older computer, I've read that the Radeon 7750 is the best bet to go with right now. It's only about $90 and you only need a 400w power supply (You should check this in the computer you're upgrading).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161427

Ok, so the comp is HP Pavilion p7-1003w and this is the specs:
N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix)
AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 650 Processor 3.2 GHz
8.00 GB Memory
64-Bit Operating System
Integrated graphics using AMD ATI Radeon HD 4200
Integrated ALC888S-VD audio
Internal 250W (100-240V)

And the case is ATX
Height: 38.81 cm (15.28 inches)
Width: 17.50 cm (6.89 inches)
Length: 40.99 cm (16.14 inches)

So does integrated graphics mean that I have to get a new motherboard in order to install a new GPU?

Also thanks for the help Pecon, I am considering it.,

What you need to check is whether you have a free PCI-E x16 slot.

You'll also need to replace the power supply. The one you have won't be able to support a dedicated graphics card.

Since you're on a serious budget, I suggest this power supply.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159124

Ok thanks a lot. I'll have to open up my case later then. I think I got all the help I needed so I'll lock this thread.