Possible Linux port if Blockland was greenlit?

Author Topic: Possible Linux port if Blockland was greenlit?  (Read 5944 times)

PLEASE NOTE: I already know there will be a couple of handicaps posting "but linux sucks" and "nobody uses it"... so guess what, I could care less about what you say and I never asked for your opinion.

Now that I have straighten that out I would hope for a reply from Badspot or Rotondo. Lets say Blockland was greenlit and many people started purchasing the video game and Badspot gained a lot of income from it, enough to hire more developers. Would you (Badspot) think of hiring one developer for the linux platform (Debian/Ubuntu)? If not, please state why?

(Does anyone think I should email Badspot about this rather than a forum post?)

nal is going to chew you out the ass for this topic

nal is going to chew you out the ass for this topic
What? Lol, nothing wrong with running games on linux

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=237315.0
ya kno, that was over him not being able to install windows and making too many help topics thats why I was complaining. plus, I'm friends with him now.

PLEASE NOTE: I already know there will be a couple of handicaps posting "but linux sucks" and "nobody uses it"... so guess what, I could care less about what you say and I never asked for your opinion.

Now that I have straighten that out I would hope for a reply from Badspot or Rotondo. Lets say Blockland was greenlit and many people started purchasing the video game and Badspot gained a lot of income from it, enough to hire more developers. Would you (Badspot) think of hiring one developer for the linux platform (Debian/Ubuntu)? If not, please state why?

(Does anyone think I should email Badspot about this rather than a forum post?)
a

emailing would probably lower your chances of getting a response rather than posting here lol.

I hope Blockland gets greenlit but chances are low looking at it from my point of view. If it did I mean theres a good bit that would probably need to be done before porting it to a silly Linux OS.

A linux dedicated server would be much more useful

I could care less about what you say and I never asked for your opinion.
"I couldn't care less about what you say and I never asked for your opinion."

If you say "I could care less", then it implies you care to some extent.
That could be ever so slightly caring, or being obsessed over what others are saying.

"I couldn't care less" means that you do not care at all.
And therefore it is impossible to care any less. You can't have less care than no care.

That could be ever so slightly caring, or being obsessed over what others are saying.

And therefore it is impossible to care any less. You can't have less care than no care.
d

I wish EVERYONE KNEW this. I am so tired of people misusing the phrase.

Would you (Badspot) think of hiring one developer for the linux platform (Debian/Ubuntu)? If not, please state why?

umm maybe because it's a waste of money to hire a guy to spend ages modifying the entire game to allow a bunch of silly kids to play it natively on linux. ain't nobody got time (or money) for that. get a proper os bud

umm maybe because it's a waste of money to hire a guy to spend ages modifying the entire game to allow a bunch of silly kids to play it natively on linux. ain't nobody got time (or money) for that. get a proper os bud

pretty much what he said, not to be an starfish about it

I probably did word that incorrectly sorry, but I care a little for everyone's opinion even if they are ignorant. If I didn't (or state that I didnt) then why should they care about mine? In this case, I think Linux is a very nice base to build OSs on, while other people think it sucks or is silly.

i don't get why people go to the trouble of making ports of games for tiny niche audiences like this, especially when all it does is cause them to flood support forums complaining about it not working with whatever obscure ass version of linux they're using
far more trouble than it's worth