Precious saves you've lost

Author Topic: Precious saves you've lost  (Read 2326 times)

Talk about different Blockland save files you spent hard time working on that you lost by file corruption, computer switch or just plain accidental deletion that you "would give anything" to regain.

For me it was a "big" (Big by V8 standards) medieval world. I made it when i was 8 and new to the game, so naturally it was filled with creative stuff like quests such as "find all the landmines" or "find all the music bricks". The whole thing was basically built inside small "aquariums" that were connected by tubes. The way i lost it was by switching over to my current computer back in 2009. I can't just set up the old machine and get the save, because parts of it are busted.

You can probably remove the hard drive from the old computer and take it from that.
OT: I haven't really lost any saves, mostly because I don't build often.

All of the saves on my old computer
I can't even remember any...

I built a pretty big city when i was a noob. It had a 15 story skyscraper and like 40 other small buildings, all with their own theme/purpose. They obviously sucked, but I really wish I still had it for nostalgia purposes.

frozen peak, a huge frozen lakebuild that i was working on with my clan and then it crashed while i was saving...

i lost something else i was working on that i thought was pretty cool because i accidentally overwrote it..

My deathrun, I accidentally overwrited it while working on another project. In the end I lost the mood to make that project and the mood to re-make the deathrun. Maybe one day when I get good at building I will make the Deathrun V2, I still remember all the traps out of my head.

EDIT: I also had a few saves on my really old, crappy laptop but I don't remember any of those.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:09:09 AM by Mauritsio »

bunch of pixel art i made got lost due to a suicidal computer

I remember when I first started playing, I had overwritten a crappy, but large jail escape save without knowing and I legitimately thought someone had hacked into my computer and messed with my saves. Oh the little noob I was, blaming all my problems on hackers...

countless saves. one notable one is a piano I made in the bedroom in V8 that wasn't half bad. I recall server hopping, asking hosts if they had the duplicator so I could duplicate the build pieces.

The thing I regret for losing is the WWII Normandy TDM... It was built around 50k bricks, had quality, and I was trying to make a movie out of it, butafter accidently overwriting it with another save, I learned to make a backup save file.

Back in v1.045 or whatever it was I had the sickest fully functional mining RPG that I lost, and a cool racetrack with adjustable sections to influence game play, would love to see how they look these days!

Not really anything, but I would probably want the first real save I made.

Ugh
All of my saves from v8 -> v18. More than 700 .bls files, many of which I spent months making, or were special to me in some way.

I'm not gonna lie I nearly cried when I lost them. :c