Pripyat Sign

Author Topic: Pripyat Sign  (Read 3483 times)

Hello guys. I was bored, so I made the Pripyat sign. " Прип'ять " in Ukrainian is Pripyat.

Pripyat is an abandoned city near Chernobyl. The city was made for the plant workers that worked at Chernobyl. When Chernobyl Reactor 4 malfunctioned in 1986, it released a lot of radiation, forcing the city of Pripyat to be abandoned over night.

**The sign looks a little off, I know. I tried not to cram all it in, but not make it look long.

- The real sign -

- Blockland Version -

Right view

Front view

Left view

**New with terrain

Left view

Middle view

You may rate X/10 - Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:14:55 PM by Mace »

expand please. terrain would make this so much better than it is right now.

expand please. terrain would make this so much better than it is right now.
Okay, I'll get on that.

Hello guys. I was bored, so I made the Pripyat sign. " Прип'ять " in Ukrainian is Pripyat.
You should be clearer and explain that Pripyat is an abandoned city near Chernobyl.

You should be clearer and explain that Pripyat is an abandoned city near Chernobyl.
Ok, done.

Pripyat is a city of 43k people, housed for the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. It was around four miles or so from Chernobyl, a city with around 40k people, established in 1139. The Nuclear Power Plants reactor #4 blew because of a test being done April 26th, 1:20AM. The head engineer ignored safety precautions and continued the test after many errors came up indicating he should shut down the reactor for the night so it can become stable. Unfortunately he ignored those and continued his test, and the reactor became unstable and flew. The some-ton cap that was atop the reactor blew off, and right through the ceiling. This caused radioactive waste to blow onto the rooftop, catching aflame. Firefighters arrived two minutes after, to take out the flames. They weren't aware of the intense level of radioactivity. They all died the next few days, but for stopping the fire they stopped a disaster that of 11 Hiroshima bombs, effect wise I believe.

The effect of Chernobyl effected All of Europe west of Ukraine. The wind caught the radioactive clouds and brought them all the way to London, where there's a small dosage of radioactivity that can be monitored, but not enough to effect human life. There's restrictions for farms in Wales about the radioactivity also.

The effect of Chernobyl effected All of Europe west of Ukraine. The wind caught the radioactive clouds and brought them all the way to London, where there's a small dosage of radioactivity that can be monitored, but not enough to effect human life. There's restrictions for farms in Wales about the radioactivity also.
Belarus had the worst of the issues.

Pripyat is a city of 43k people, housed for the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. It was around four miles or so from Chernobyl, a city with around 40k people, established in 1139. The Nuclear Power Plants reactor #4 blew because of a test being done April 26th, 1:20AM. The head engineer ignored safety precautions and continued the test after many errors came up indicating he should shut down the reactor for the night so it can become stable. Unfortunately he ignored those and continued his test, and the reactor became unstable and flew. The some-ton cap that was atop the reactor blew off, and right through the ceiling. This caused radioactive waste to blow onto the rooftop, catching aflame. Firefighters arrived two minutes after, to take out the flames. They weren't aware of the intense level of radioactivity. They all died the next few days, but for stopping the fire they stopped a disaster that of 11 Hiroshima bombs, effect wise I believe.

Pretty sure it was more about bad reactor design than anything.

Ресторан Припять ;3 (есть здесь и умереть)
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.  ... нет pls

Pretty sure it was more about bad reactor design than anything.
Not quite. They were doing tests on the reactor, and the head engineer had a background of hasty, commanding, etc. He wanted this test to go, regardless of the caution errors. They took Controlling Tubes, which are graphite tipped steel tubes that are dipped in the water. Reactors have about 277 of them. The more tubes you have, the less power you generate, but the safer the reactor is. The less tubes, the more danger, but more power given. He took out all but 77 tubes, which is considered very unstable.

Да, очень хороший.
I think I did it right...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:28:33 PM by Epicduke »

Not quite. They were doing tests on the reactor, and the head engineer had a background of hasty, commanding, etc. He wanted this test to go, regardless of the caution errors. They took Controlling Tubes, which are graphite tipped steel tubes that are dipped in the water. Reactors have about 277 of them. The more tubes you have, the less power you generate, but the safer the reactor is. The less tubes, the more danger, but more power given. He took out all but 77 tubes, which is considered very unstable.
r u getting all this from wikipedia

also you could clarify that "more power" means "hotter environment" to make that connection between fire, exploding cap, and high-pressure steam systems.

also you could clarify that "more power" means "hotter environment" to make that connection between fire, exploding cap, and high-pressure steam systems.

ogm u said it.
The unspoken rule: Never question Dillpickle on his knowledge of Chernobyl; the world will never be the same.

I've personally taught myself about Chernobyl. I don't trust Wikipedia for the stuff, although I patched together my learning notes from it. More or less from videos and other websites. I guess as Evar says, don't question it. He's seen me on Dezcaban's Pripyat server telling so many people that Chernobyl isn't JUST the nuclear power plant, but actually a city.

...nerd