Author Topic: Speedrun Events v1 [8/19/2013]  (Read 4461 times)

I've already released this as a .cs file, but people started to actually use it, so I figure this is more convenient.

Events

Player -> SpeedrunStart
This event takes one argument: the name of the speedrun. This is used for record keeping. It defaults to "Speedrun".

Player -> SpeedrunEnd
This event takes one argument: a checkbox for if record keeping is active. When set to true, records will be saved and stored in "config/server/platformerspeedrun.txt" (by default). Speedruns with the name of "Speedrun" are excluded from record keeping.

Download (Dropbox)
& in RTB Holding Tank

Note: this was created during development of Platformer Bricks. Please don't eat my organs for not changing variables.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:30:00 PM by otto-san »

Does it stop if you die?

Is there a way to make it not stop when you die?

Is there a way to make it not stop when you die?
Not without re-coding it a bit.

I'm mentally challenged.

Does this record the time between pressing start and stop?
Why is this called speedrun?

I'm mentally challenged.

Does this record the time between pressing start and stop?
Why is this called speedrun?
Yes.

It's called speedrun because it's made to see who can do whatever is between the two set points the fastest. If it helps, "time attack" is the same idea.

Okay thanks. Sounds good.

Oh man, Now what we need is a kill-counter where if you have the most kills, You win.

EDIT: Woops, I mean't "Now what we need is a mode for this that makes it whoever has the most kills in the most time, Wins."

Oh man, Now what we need is a kill-counter where if you have the most kills, You win.

EDIT: Woops, I mean't "Now what we need is a mode for this that makes it whoever has the most kills in the most time, Wins."
...Slayer?

...Slayer?
I think he meant more "kill frequency rate". Like, most amount of kills in a small amount of time.