People who copy that "Warning - while you wer.." thing into their posts

Author Topic: People who copy that "Warning - while you wer.." thing into their posts  (Read 1828 times)

Does anyone else get really irritated by people copying that
Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
message into their post every time they get it? Seriously, what is the point? It isn't interesting, funny, cool or anything. Do people really get all bummed when they realize that someone was typing faster than they were? like "Oh damn, that one guy typed before me. Better inform everyone!". Seems to me its just a thing everyone's doing because everyone's doing it and unless someone makes up an intelligent excuse for it, could we just stop? I don't get what the point of it is. Sure it can be annoying to have to click the post button twice, but come on.

Does anyone else get really irritated when people copy that*
Sorry, no edit.

I agree. It's kind of like the "The XX people who disliked this video are XXXXX" stuff on Youtube. It's annoying.

Yeah it's pretty irritating to look at

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

WHAT THE forget IS GOING ON

Yeah it's pretty irritating to look at

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

WHAT THE forget IS GOING ON
That was funny on the "/support" and "Is this bannable?" rant threads. Not so much here.

Oh my god, don't tell me, you guys are gonna do that.

Warning - while you were typing 401,205 people have died. You may wish to review your family.
lole guys am i funny

lol, i thought the "i feel the need to be in the spotlight so i'm going to complain about something really trivial" phase was over already

That was funny on the "/support" and "Is this bannable?" rant threads. Not so much here.

It was just a mocking example of how they do it. They don't just quote it but make some witty comment at the end.

lol, i thought the "i feel the need to be in the spotlight so i'm going to complain about something really trivial" phase was over already
Making threads is now attention whoring?

This issue I think has not been discussed before and when people do it, it's really annoying. Why would you need to type it in the message. Heck, you'll be wasting time and the message will probably appear again.

if people want to waste their time, they're free to.

it's not like they create an entire post just to say it anyways: it's just a small addition to their original post.

We should just drama everyone who has ever posted. Then we wouldn't have to deal with these goddamn loving other people typing words.

Things you can post here:
  • Stories of online betrayal
  • How tribal/offensive/noobish certain users are
  • Who you should or should not ban/admin

The purpose of this forum is not even close to ambiguous. This thread does not fall under any of those. Locked.