Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD]Official Psych / Pharmacology / Medical Science[MEGATHREAD]  (Read 4510 times)

Ok one question (I'm gonna play doctor with you). Why is it that people tend to feel blue and down when it's cloudy, muggy, humid and rainy outside?

Ok one question (I'm gonna play doctor with you). Why is it that people tend to feel blue and down when it's cloudy, muggy, humid and rainy outside?
if I can remember properly, sadness is associated with enviromental factors. A lack of sunlight and cloudy skies tends to bring forth feelings of mild depression.
This is caused by a lack of sunlight stimulating what we call the "Pineal Gland" which is stimulated by sunlight to produce Serotonin, the bodys "Feel Good" chemical. When less sunlight stimulates the PG, less serotonin is produced, resulting in the "Winter Blues"

i love psychology, stuffs amazing.

Updated OP with new Questions from the Forum section
Questions sent by Email from the Consultation site will be added in a seperate section once I get around to updating the OP Again

Apart from what Bec said, there's also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder which is a mood disorder that fits what you described pretty well.

Apart from what Bec said, there's also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder which is a mood disorder that fits what you described pretty well.
Although if Im correct about this, SAD depends on the current climate conditions during the season

Bump
Cmon guys post away
Im not letting this thread die like the rest of my threads do since i actually put some thought into this one

again I want to work with pharmaceuticals and pharmacology later, really i want to create nonaddictive and recreationally safe drugs that are currently heavily addictive, basically i want to make legal versions of the non harmful but illegal and addictive drugs.

Last bump. If I cant get any replies then Im locking

We're going to need a megathread that lists all the megathreads to hold all these megathreads.

Screw it. Back open
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:25:09 PM by Becquerel »

Final bump to inform that the thread is Closed. PM me if you want it back open