[Original] Boodals' Grapple Rising Lava server - Microgames!

Author Topic: [Original] Boodals' Grapple Rising Lava server - Microgames!  (Read 3067 times)

Boodals' Grapple Rising Lava

By original I only mean for the grapple idea. Credits to Zapk and Scriode for the gamemode.

Features
  • Map Cycler - Multiple maps cycling automatically.
  • Rounds - 3 rounds per map, in higher rounds the lava rises faster.
  • Microgame System - At random, some rounds will get a Microgame. These can be anything from removing pushbrooms or grapples, to adding guns and spears. (See Microgame section)
  • Height records - Each map has a height record which you can try to beat. If you do manage to beat the height record, it will be announced in chat.
  • Dynamic Lava speed - The speed of the lava is calculated and adjusted by the height of the map, what round it is, Microgames, and I have plans to add more dynamic effects.
  • Score system - The closer you are to the lava, the more points you get over time! Points can be used in a few microgames.

Maps
ACM City
Credits: ACM.

Afghanistan DM
Credits: Diggy, Ephialtes, Facechild,
Hamburger, Ladios, and many others.
Beta City
Credits: Mocheeze, Bones4, Ephialtes, Kaje,
Moose, Nitramtj, Rotondo, Facechild, Wedge.
Building 6
Credits: Unknown.
Crysta Castle
Credits: SBDjango.
Festung der Schwarzung
Credits: VerticalHorizon.
Fort Papa
Credits: Sampapa.
Jetpuff's Towers
Credits: Jetpuff.
Plates
Credits: Boodals.
Pyramid
Credits: Afkpuz.
If you want to have a map on the server, please send me the .bls, and a list of people who made it. I can add it to the cycle easily.

Microgames
  • Pacifist - No push brooms. Twice as likely as any other Microgame.
  • Classic - No grapples.
  • Assassin - Gives swords.
  • Deathmatch - Gives guns, but removes pushbrooms. Currently disabled.
  • Double Speed - Doubles the lava's speed. Can be very tough on round 3.
  • Acceleration - Lava starts of half as fast, but slowly accelerates.
  • Deceleration - Lava starts of twice as fast, but slowly decelerates.
  • Spears - Gives spears, but removes pushbrooms.
  • creeps - WIP. 1/3rd of players are picked to be creepbears. When a creepbear touches a non-creepbear, the non-creepbear dies and the creepbear gains a point. Disabled until finished.
  • Martyrdom - You blow up when you die. The more points you have, the larger the explosion will be!
  • Fast Forward - Timescale is increased to 1.5x normal! This effects lava speed as well.
  • Slow Mo - Timescale is decreased to half of normal. Again, everything is effected.
  • Increasing Time - The timescale slowly increases throughout the round. Things slowly get faster!
  • Decreasing Time - The timescale slowly decreases. Don't worry, it doesnt go below 0.25x, so you wont be sitting around for hours on a single round.
  • Micro - Everyone is little, or is everything else big?
  • Large - Everyone is big, or is everything else little? You can just about fit through 4 wide doors.
  • Fatty - Shouldn't have eaten that last cake. Your too fat to fit through most doors!
  • Giant - WIP. Everyone is three times their normal size!
  • Genetics - Everyone is different sizes, you can only blame your genes.. This can be really funny.
I accept any Microgame ideas. However the more complex ones will take some time to make.

Story
Rising Lava is an idea first made a long time ago. Fairly recently Zapk made a Rising Lava server. It had pushbrooms to knock other players around and cycling maps. The server was a hit, with many players on the server 24/7. Then Scriode made and released a gamemode similar to Zapk's. I just happened to find it on the forums, and thought id take a look at the script and give it a go as a server. I could only host non-dedis, but while it was up somebody (can't remember who) said that it would be good to add Grapples. The idea was amazing, so I added it, and from there started modifying the code, adding new features and fixing bugs. Then recently, I managed to get a dedicated server hosted by HamHost. With nothing else to host 24/7, I decided that I might as well host Grapple Rising Lava. Only now have I decided to create a topic.

News
  • August 19th - Dedicated server started.
  • August 19th-20th - Bug fixes.
  • August 20st - Added Plates map.
  • August 20st - Added Microgame system.
  • August 21st - Tezuni hosts Rising Lava [Grapple] server. [/rage]
  • August 21st - Topic created.
  • August 22nd - Tezuni changes his server to Rising Lava [Parkour]. [/rageover]
  • August 22nd - Added Score system and Martyrdom microgame. Also fixed a couple of issues in Fort Papa.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:40:02 AM by boodals 2 »

I've already been hosting a grapple rising lava server, so it's not original.

Edit: You edited in that timeline after your post today.  As far as I knew, my server was up before yours.  Doesn't really matter, just seemed like you were doing the same thing as me then calling it original.  Not rage, just me trying to correct you.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:32:25 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

August 19th - Dedicated server started.
August 21st - Tezuni hosts Rising Lava [Grapple] server. [/rage]

If you want proof, ask Jam Jar, The Blok (hammereditor² on forums), Elm, Speedblade, Blobo, Kick, Whirlwind, or any of the other players who have been to my server in the last few days that I don't have on my RTB friends list.

If you want proof, ask Jam Jar, The Blok (hammereditor² on forums), Elm, Speedblade, Blobo, Kick, Whirlwind, or any of the other players who have been to my server in the last few days that I don't have on my RTB friends list.
Oh look, Tezuni stealing yet another server idea.

In the case that it wasn't 'original', it'd still be the superior server. Too bad it was the first of it's kind. You lose.

Boodals, you should build some maps specifically made for the grapple rope. Like a floating town or something.

In the case that it wasn't 'original', it'd still be the superior server. Too bad it was the first of it's kind. You lose.

Boodals, you should build some maps specifically made for the grapple rope. Like a floating town or something.
That's possible, but you are just one opinion.  2nd place isn't so bad!  You mad. 

Boodals make sure you don't use a grapple with the floating glitch, it allows players to hover above even the highest bricks indefinately.

Boodals make sure you don't use a grapple with the floating glitch, it allows players to hover above even the highest bricks indefinately.
Lol, a lot of my players enjoy that, although I am going to remove it.

Update:
  • Added score. The closer to the lava you are the more points you get over time.
  • Added Martyrdom microgame. You blow up when you die. The size of the explosion is based on how many points you have. You gain points from kills as well.

Also, i'm still working on new microgames and systems. The server is getting busy :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:19:39 PM by boodals 2 »

Edit: You edited in that timeline after your post today.  As far as I knew, my server was up before yours.  Doesn't really matter, just seemed like you were doing the same thing as me then calling it original.  Not rage, just me trying to correct you.
I feel like you came and posted just so you could say "Haha my server was here first so you're not original at all!" without really contributing anything to the topic.

Anyways I have to say I enjoy this server a lot, keep up the good work.

Minigame ideas:
Instant kill (lava instakills)
Rocket Riot (Rocket L. no pushbrooms [would be fun to see people rocket jump, knock each other off and stuff])

Anyway sounds fun, will join sometime.

Tezuni, I saw Boodals' server before your server had grapples in it.
Shut the forget up.

Tezuni, I saw Boodals' server before your server had grapples in it.
Shut the forget up.
This hasn't been said before...
Oh look, Tezuni stealing yet another server idea.

My micro game suggestions:

Winded up - Timescale is changed to 2.0

Buffering - Timescale is changed to 0.2

Horsing Around - Everyone becomes horses

Shrink Curse - Player scale is small

Terrifying Precipitation - Raining arrows

Speed Limit = At least slow - Lava speed changes to a random speed every 5 seconds
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:35:50 PM by Redconer »

hi. boodals, i think you should remove the floating platform in fort papa. i think the build looks better without it. i honestly don't know why it is there in the first place... so yeah. you should remove that.

oh wait... you already did that.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:24:54 PM by blobo »