Author Topic: Best Free Modding Program?  (Read 4493 times)

any ideas on what a really good 3D moddelling program for beginners and as i go on can you tell me one for experts any one? thanks for the help (sorry badspot if your gonna move this i didnt know where to put it)

alright thanks pickle

DON'T LISTEN TO PICKEL HE A LIAR!!!!

Milkshapes the way to go.

Google Sketchup, blender is really hard to use :/, icy he wants a FREE one.

Google Sketchup, blender is really hard to use :/, icy he wants a FREE one.
He also wants one for experts, in that case, Blender is the best choice.

For experts: Blender.

For those with money: Milkshape 3D, Second Choice: Google Sketchup

Cheapskates who aren't good at modelling: Sketchup Free Version, get the .obj exporter you can download for free, Blender Import, DTS Export

Theres a .objto.dts on the GG website somewhere, a little searching would provide it.

http://www.garagegames.com/index.php?sec=mg&mod=resource&page=view&qid=7541

You don't know how much to scale the model using the -scale tool tool, though, and there's no reference guide in Sketchup for how to scale it before exporting to .obj.

The test model I made in Sketchup appeared huge when imported into Blender, and models I make in Blender already appear very large in Blockland. A small briefcase turned into a ten story brick.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:40:24 AM by Space Guy »

Tourque models are 10/100 times smaller than the normal scales on modeling programs.

hey, TheGeek uses sketchup  :cookieMonster:

wow that was alot of responces ive gotten on 1 post...thanks alot guys i DL blender and i was like...wtf? how do i use this? so thanks

wow that was alot of responces ive gotten on 1 post...thanks alot guys i DL blender and i was like...wtf? how do i use this? so thanks
I don't know if you were trying to be sarcastic or not, but you clearly asked for a pro modeling program, in that case, Blender wins the race.
I guess you'll just have to learn.

DON'T LISTEN TO PICKEL HE A LIAR!!!!

Milkshapes the way to go.

Milkshape's not free.

no i wasnt sarcastic...and i have NO clue how to use milkshape any tips?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 07:56:25 AM by TofuGuy »