Author Topic: 2013/08/28 - Blockland has been greenlit!  (Read 104560 times)

I like how many people are assuming that Blockland being on steam is going to instantly create a massive wave of new users even though it'll probably just boost sales a little bit around the holidays ;P

This is so cool though, new players or not, I'm very excited :))

I have a dream.
Well I had because blockland got greenlit

I dont think anyone has realized....but we still need a proper trailer for the game...ESPECIALLY if its going to be on Steam.

I dont think anyone has realized....but we still need a proper trailer for the game...ESPECIALLY if its going to be on Steam.
we also need some awesome servers to make a good first impression

so yeah

I'm excited. More players = more servers+add-ons = more potential fun (as long as you stay away from the bad ones).

And now I shall quote our great leader:

Quote from: Badspot
Lol

alright everybody, we need to start fortifying the forums for the largest noob flood in history

alright everybody, we need to start fortifying the forums for the largest noob flood in history
Omg yeah guys wed better all start working on our "What not to do on the forums" topics!!!!!!!

That was not badspot's reaction I was anticipating. :P

Well I can tell you one thing for sure It's all down uphill from here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpuRIZzJog

people like you are the only problem, not new members.  i don't even know who you are, if anything you could be a noob to me.  am i complaining?  no, it's the nature of any community, new people will join and like with any big release such as steam greenlight there will be a large influx.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:13:57 PM by Nickelob Ultra »

It's great that it was greenlit, but I think the price is a bit too high for new players to rush in. I mean they CAN try the demo version of BL before purchasing to get the idea, but many people on Steam might think that $20 might be too high for this game. (Since they never tried it. I'm pretty sure if they got the gaming experience we got after purchasing the game, they wouldn't complain but someone who just found out about BL via Steam might think that $20 is not worthy.) Just an opinion.

So maybe BL should go on a sale for a while maybe?

Also when BL gets on Steam, would it feature the Workshop feature some games have to upload add-ons? Or would players have to visit the forums to download the add-ons they want?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:22:39 PM by nixton »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpuRIZzJog
people like you are the only problem, not new members.  i don't even know who you are, if anything you could be a noob to me.  am i complaining?  no, it's the nature of any community, new people will join and like with any big release such as steam greenlight there will be a large influx.
well sorry it was just i joke, i would love to see more people playing blockland. all my friends play minecraft and they all think blockland is stuff cuz they think its a rip off of mincraft and they cant buy it on steam.

oh and when i read all these "ya!" and "we Did it" posts i get this strange happy feeling in my gut as if we just killed all the zombies and your CO looks at you and gives a dramatic speach about how we survived the apocalypse. thats a good thing by the way
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:33:44 PM by GhostStar »

I liked Blockland before it was cool.

it was greenlit

that means nymph owes me money