Author Topic: deku stick  (Read 6404 times)

You couldn't script this to work well. Particle emitters have no collision so you'd have to constantly be raycasting down from the tip of the stick, searching for a brick that has a fire emitter attached to it, and that wouldn't be too favourable.

plz sorry shadown hero but i like the other one better

Yus I know, I will get better though.

Heres a model i think its a bit better: http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/cohacker4444/dekustick.jpg
 :cookieMonster:
Too many polygons.

If I remember correctly, you can delete all but the bottom of it and stretch it out.

What about using a brown-colourshift wand with a leaf particle? Less downloading and less lag.

Try looking at the script for the destructo wand, it's got a flame emitter.
In any case it looks like a flame  :cookieMonster:

Thats easy to do, but making it catch fire when you wave the pole through a flame is a whole other kettle of fish.

It'd be easy to do.  Just make an invisible item with a uiName and then add an onCollision method to check for the Deku stick.

An idea for the fire thing:

Mess with the OnCollision properties to check for bricks that are emitting a specific particle, then basically change the weapon when you whack a "firey" brick with it.

The deku stick wouldn't be colliding with anything because its a mounted image.

The deku stick wouldn't be colliding with anything because its a mounted image.
OH RIGHT!
/facepalm

The projectile's OnCollision then XD

If you "fired" off the stick once though, you could use the onCollision for that.

You can use the state system and stuff to make it fire projectiles/raycasts down when you aren't using it, until it hits a brick with a "fire" emitter (Fire A, Fire B, Jeep Fire, Player Jet) and then set on fire.

I could make a version of this using the Stick model from RTB (or if someone provides a replacement). It wouldn't create much lag - it would use raycasts and states like my Gravity Gun which only "lags behind" if lots of people are in the server and almost never creates a LAG sign.

i was just getting ready to get sketchup and milkshape. *COUGH*Torrents!*COUGH*

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 07:11:29 PM by Badspot »