Flashlight (v1.0.2)

Author Topic: Flashlight (v1.0.2)  (Read 19241 times)

Introducing: A brand new flashlight that actually works! Actually shines some light on the situation!

This extremely handy flashlight is conveniently available whenever you want it just by pressing your light key. Even comes with a model in your left hand and a toggle sound! No more constantly recreated projectiles, lights or explosions; no more flickering. This flashlight smoothly glides from one point to another.

Scripting by Port, model by Jack Noir, sounds by Valve Software.

GET YOURS NOW! (only 8.5 KB!)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:31:07 AM by Port »

wat
I think he is making fun of those ads that pop on the download site.

I think he is making fun of those ads that pop on the download site.

Oh, those?

...why not an item?

Because this is meant as a replacement for the light that is available all the time.

Because this is meant as a replacement for the light that is available all the time.
that's really stupid
a flashlight should be an item

that's really stupid
no it shouldn't.
You should be able to use your flashlight in conjunction with your weapons.

that's really stupid
...If you think it's stupid then don't download it..

i wish there was a way to bind this to a single team on slayer

Would be cool to put that on vehicle's headlights

What would a good way of doing this be?

Would be cool to put that on vehicle's headlights

Definitely possible, I should try that sometime.

that's really stupid
There's already a flashlight item like that available on the forums. Just dive back in the add-ons section a bit, it's there. It functions exactly like this one, too, but you have to click and hold to keep it on.

You can do this with Chrono's "SetLight" events. They allow you to control whether or not a player is allowed to use their light. Don't confuse it with his "changelight" event, though.

A few suggestions:
-Toggleable player-source light? Maybe it'd be nice if we could toggle whether or not players emit a light around themselves in addition to the flashlight 'beam' itself, since right now players always emit a light along with the beam.
-Glow FX on the flashlight lens? Might make it seem a bit more obvious where players are when using the flashlight.

You can do this with Chrono's "SetLight" events. They allow you to control whether or not a player is allowed to use their light. Don't confuse it with his "changelight" event, though.

Err, why would that work? This almost completely overwrites the normal light function.

-Toggleable player-source light? Maybe it'd be nice if we could toggle whether or not players emit a light around themselves in addition to the flashlight 'beam' itself, since right now players always emit a light along with the beam.

Actually, due to a bug with the TGE engine, the light around the flashlight is only visible to the host. Should probably state that somewhere - er, well no, since it's not really advertised as a feature anyway.

-Glow FX on the flashlight lens? Might make it seem a bit more obvious where players are when using the flashlight.

I'll see what I can do about it.