Author Topic: Nixton's Tactical TDM -Putting this aside for a while-  (Read 2546 times)

Nixton's Tactical TDM

This will be an Attack/Defend type of TDM, and it will be consisted of two teams: Attackers and Defenders. The Defenders will be spawning from inland, and the Attackers will spawn on an aircraft carrier and land move inland. There will be 4 CP's in total ( Shoreline, Town Outskirts, Downtown, and Defenders Base.)

There will also be various vehicles players can use for their advantage, but they will also have to cooperate well enough to either capture, or defend a capture point.

The map, as you can see, will be desert-themed, and will be an oceanside desert with a town, and a city in the midst of it.

There will be four classes: Assault, Engineer, Marksman, and Medic.

Assault: Assault Rifle/MG - Pistol - 2 Grenades (Either Flashbang, Fragmentation Grenade, or Smoke Grenade/Signal)
Engineer: SMG/Shotgun - Pistol - Pipe wrench - 2 Explosives (Have to come up with it)
Marksman: Sniper Rifle/Rifle - Pistol - 2 Smoke Grenades
Medic: SMG/Shotgun - Pistol - Medpack - A grenade (Same choice as assault)

There will also be many items you can purchase/unlock as you progress in the game.

There.

You may rate this however you want, and hopefully, I can actually finish this TDM without getting lazy and quitting.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:28:20 PM by nixton »

Its really good, but some crates seem to be in weird places.
9/10

hey nixton!

looks nice, i'm sure that the tdm will be easy to make, considering the terrain bricks. they make things so much easier, it's actually possible to make a big tdm...

hope to see the tdm finished. btw, i think you should surround the outer areas on the hill around the base with some little things like sandbags and such every so often.

Its really good, but some crates seem to be in weird places.
9/10
Oh yeah I kinda spammned them a little bit. :p

hey nixton!

looks nice, i'm sure that the tdm will be easy to make, considering the terrain bricks. they make things so much easier, it's actually possible to make a big tdm...

hope to see the tdm finished. btw, i think you should surround the outer areas on the hill around the base with some little things like sandbags and such every so often.
Yeah, I guess so.

Also, sure, I'll put some sandbags around the base...

I like this a lot, especially because there are many places to hide and do sneak attacks. If you host this today, I'll come.

Terrain Update

Going to work on it a bit more.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:00:39 PM by nixton »

Im glad to see im not the only one making good TDM/action filled games

Good work! Looks fun

so the iroquois crashes servers if you get it below the ground plane
i have an idea
what if the lower portion of the map was all zone bricks that, when a vehicle enters them, it gets respawned or deleted? itd be nice to try so that i could actually use gravity cats air vehicles.

Im glad to see im not the only one making good TDM/action filled games

Good work! Looks fun
Thanks, yours looks fun too!

so the iroquois crashes servers if you get it below the ground plane
i have an idea
what if the lower portion of the map was all zone bricks that, when a vehicle enters them, it gets respawned or deleted? itd be nice to try so that i could actually use gravity cats air vehicles.
I will try that!

seems really intense on brickcount, only purpose being detail.

seems really intense on brickcount, only purpose being detail.
Only 10k...

Only 10k...
that's a lot for a tdm, especially one that's not close to completion.

Perfect. Remember the phone a friend line for help :)

Looks like vagina
Wha- you are right... lol

Perfect. Remember the phone a friend line for help :)
Thanks for the offer, but this is the project I actually want to finish myselft. But IF I really do need some help, I'll PM ya.

Okay, so I figured out that setting zonebricks under and around the map with events to respawn the Iroquois actually prevents the server from crashing by a lot. But there are still some instances where the helicopter will just spas out and go fly past the zonebricks, but that is somewhat unlikely.

I've also made the map boundary bigger for jets and air vehicles to fly around. The brickcount is a bit over 11k, and the TDM is about 30 percent done. So I don't think brickcount should really matter since about 40-50k shouldn't really lag someone that hard. Also to reduce SOME lag, I will have to lower the visibility and make the map a bit foggy and give it a sandstorm theme. So I got it all under control.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:24:52 AM by nixton »