Author Topic: Is it ever gonna be possible to use brick textures client sided again?  (Read 5727 times)

Is there some way this could happen? I really like subpixels textures, and want to use them client sided.

by that i mean see them on every server that doesnt have them

could have easily avoided a triple post there

it was never possible in the first place.

it was never possible in the first place.
It was, back when you could overwrite the textures and the game wouldn't replace them with the default textures, you would be the only one who saw those textures

I don't think so and however I wouldn't really want it to be client sided..well actually it would be fine (I'm thinking about minecraft and see through textures but the bricks in BL are opaque unlike Minecraft). I mean it could be possible maybe....? Idk I have no idea really.

It was, back when you could overwrite the textures and the game wouldn't replace them with the default textures, you would be the only one who saw those textures
You sure? I don't see how the launcher not replacing the textures would make it so other people could see it, I thought it was always server sided.

You should be able to replace the textures in the base folder and set the folder to read only for all.

however I wouldn't really want it to be client sided..well actually it would be fine (I'm thinking about minecraft and see through textures but the bricks in BL are opaque unlike Minecraft).
You know there's a backspace button right?

You sure?
Why wouldn't he be?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:45:51 PM by gr8dayseth »

Very bad idea. Brick textures have to be server-sided.

Very bad idea. Brick textures have to be server-sided.
Why what happens someones replaces theres with bunch of snake's. Or use an ugly texture for there bricks. You might not want to see it but your FORCED too because we can't have them client sided anymore.

Is there some way this could happen? I really like subpixels textures, and want to use them client sided.
You know there's a backspace button right?
Why wouldn't he be?
^people who have no idea what they are talking about^
changing your brick textures is easy but they are and have always been 100% server sided
Altiris is right

Why what happens someones replaces theres with bunch of snake's. Or use an ugly texture for there bricks. You might not want to see it but your FORCED too because we can't have them client sided anymore.
Then you leave the server. It was never possible in the first place moron.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:10:59 PM by Zalot »

^people who have no idea what they are talking about^
changing your brick textures is easy but they are and have always been 100% server sided
Altiris is right
Then you leave the server. It was never possible in the first place moron.

I am beyond positive that brick textures were previously client-sided replaceable. After the launcher update, you also grab the server's brick textures.

I am beyond positive that brick textures were previously client-sided replaceable. After the launcher update, you also grab the server's brick textures.

no