Monster RPG | MRPG | V0.17

Author Topic: Monster RPG | MRPG | V0.17  (Read 8434 times)

Monster RPG
Version 0.17

Information:
Monster RPG is a mod I created after visiting Gamefandan's server, Monster RPG.  I recreated most of the aspects of the server mod, with a few exceptions and improvements, and there is definitely more planned, I will continue active development on this as long as the community holds it in their interest.

Shop System:
Type /buy to get a list of purchasable items

Class System:
Type /class to get a list of classes you can be

Bots System:
Place any of the included bot hole spawns to spawn in monsters, there are currently three monsters that work, Goon, Demon, and Zombie

FAQ
Q. Something went wrong wah-wah
A. Post your console.log, PM me with console.log, or give a specific details on the issue, or I won't help you

Q. The mod won't run
A. They should be default be installed, but make sure Bot_Hole and Bot_Zombie are default, with no edits

Q. I can't take damage!
A. Start a minigame, I may make a system to autocreate one, for now use dedicated minigame or something if you want to host publicly

Pictures:

Other Stuff
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2a45oidjih31t8p/Server_MRPG.zip

I am not obligated to make your suggestions into reality, but yes, please do suggest logical things
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:21:41 PM by Vortex »

i would say cool but this is kind of a richard move to recreate someone's mod.
especially if you didnt have permission.

while you're right, pass, I think his intentions were to just make it in his own words

it's like when someone says something, and then later you say something similar, inspired by the epicness of their words

it's kind of a compliment

it's not the same to the dot

mine uses the new features of bot holes for a lot better pathfinding and bot behavior

mine also doesn't have exponential damage on weapons as you level up

and mine doesn't have a map or a nostalgia factor

mine also doesn't have exponential damage on weapons as you level up
If you have bosses with a TON of hp, then exponential damage might be a factor that should stick.

If you have bosses with a TON of hp, then exponential damage might be a factor that should stick.

If your bosses are challenging solely because of having a lot of HP, you have to rethink your bosses. Also, damage to the millions is not reasonable. A decent damage cap would be something around 10,000. Not too high, but not low, either.

I'm on my phone at the moment, so could you (Vortex) share the damage formula? I'll download it later, when I have the chance.

If your bosses are challenging solely because of having a lot of HP, you have to rethink your bosses. Also, damage to the millions is not reasonable. A decent damage cap would be something around 10,000. Not too high, but not low, either.

I'm on my phone at the moment, so could you (Vortex) share the damage formula? I'll download it later, when I have the chance.

the damage formula doesn't exist yet, your damage can never go above what it starts at, that is to be added next version

Q. I can't take damage!
A. Start a minigame, I may make a system to autocreate one, for now use dedicated minigame or something if you want to host publicly

Why not just use the gamemode system..?

Why not just use the gamemode system..?

I might incorporate it later
am I missing something here
bot holes require no path finding to be done by me

bot holes require no path finding to be done by me

obviously not - because they don't have it

ok
port wrote a path finding algorithm, just in case you need some paths that need to be found

port wrote a path finding algorithm, just in case you need some paths that need to be found
there's the A* resource in coding help I've seen before

The quality of a server should be based on how it's set up, the dedication, administration and effort put into it.

Not scripts hogged by the host.