Author Topic: oh stuff oh stuff  (Read 3956 times)

I had forty "infected" files once.

Man, that was one hell of a night.

Just goes to show you that you shouldn't go to questionable websites without protection. Always bring a digital rubber.
pff, my friend had 250 on a quick scan.

yeah

OH GOD THE OBJECTS DETECTED HAS WENT UP TO 17 18 NOPE UP TO 19 NOW

the worst that has happened was my browser randomly closing or a random window opening, right now Malwarebytes is detecting things on Quick Scan

Should I do a full-scan and leave the laptop on the rest of the night?

OKAY OBJECTS DETECTED HAS JUST NOW RISEN UP TO 21

it's just that i'm REALLY REALLY scared of viruses or trojans getting stuff like credit card info or personal information or stuff like that..
Shut off the internet on that computer, grab another computer or a mobile device and post with that, and run a full scan and leave it on the whole damn time.

HOLY loving stuff

IT DETECTED 143 FILES ON JUST A QUICK SCAN

I HAVE DELETED THEM ALL AND THEY'LL BE GONE WHEN I REBOOT BUT JUST

JESUS CHRIST
Shut off the internet on that computer, grab another computer or a mobile device and post with that, and run a full scan and leave it on the whole damn time.
yeah okay i'm doing that

HOLY loving stuff

IT DETECTED 143 FILES ON JUST A QUICK SCAN

I HAVE DELETED THEM ALL AND THEY'LL BE GONE WHEN I REBOOT BUT JUST

JESUS CHRISTyeah okay i'm doing that
PUP's?

PUP's?
yep, are they one of those extremely dangerous things or..?

Anyways, i'm off the virus-infected machine and turned off the wireless on it and started a full scan with malwarebytes

god i feel sick to my stomach

does anybody else get piss nervous

like whenever they get extremely nervous you feel like you have to use the bathroom

yep, are they one of those extremely dangerous things or..?

Anyways, i'm off the virus-infected machine and turned off the wireless on it and started a full scan with malwarebytes

god i feel sick to my stomach
not really, I would just remove them

From what i read, it's probally just adware

I've had adware on some of my old PC's before and its usually installed from fake "Download Now" buttons or they try to pull a fast one on you in the installer by having some stuffty toolbar already marked to be installed.

No real threat unless you like seeing Your Kingdom Awaits, my Lord on every page and even when you close the browser.

I think Cheat Engine also installs Conduit (Browser hijacker) if I remember correctly.

that's strange

I have cheat engine 6.2 on this computer too but

it's been on here for years and nothing's been detected nor has anything strange happened

did you download it from a shady website or something

If it's still happening and you're on chrome, delete shady extensions then go into settings and change the default search engine and homepage etc. Browser hijackers are notoriously aggressive.

If it's still happening and you're on chrome, delete shady extensions then go into settings and change the default search engine and homepage etc. Browser hijackers are notoriously aggressive.
it's not happening anymore, i already switched it back to Google for the default engine