Author Topic: oh stuff oh stuff  (Read 4146 times)

i'd shut off your internet as soon as your update finishes just in case

First of all why were you trying to install something called "Cheat engine"
Second of all Malwarebytes is your friend.
Third of all I'm not sure Mcafee is reliable.
1-Cheat engine is, or was a completely legitmate tool used for getting more points or w/e in a singleplayer game, people use it sometimes to get like 999999 evolution points in pandemic

2- doing a quick scan right now

3- McAfee has actually done well for me in the past

"My first Virus!"
more like "My First Virus in 4 years!"
so far Malwarebytes has detected 5 things

dear god it's great it's detected them but horrifying that they're there

1-Cheat engine is, or was a completely legitmate tool used for getting more points or w/e in a singleplayer game, people use it sometimes to get like 999999 evolution points in pandemic

2- doing a quick scan right now

3- McAfee has actually done well for me in the past
Never played Pandemic so I don't know how that works. I guess as long as it won't mess with leaderboards or multiplayer stuff.

Never played Pandemic so I don't know how that works. I guess as long as it won't mess with leaderboards or multiplayer stuff.
it doesn't

the strange thing is though is that

the first time i installed it using the exact same installer, nothing bad happened, or atleast that's if i remember correctly

also since i'm not getting what people say sweetIM does (Like the toolbar or homepage), i guess it's either because;

1. McAfee blocked it's process
or
2. The icon on my desktop that said "Continue SweetIM installation" meant I somehow stopped the installation

Also, the amount of objects detected has gone up to 14

it doesn't

the strange thing is though is that

the first time i installed it using the exact same installer, nothing bad happened, or atleast that's if i remember correctly

also since i'm not getting what people say sweetIM does (Like the toolbar or homepage), i guess it's either because;

1. McAfee blocked it's process
or
2. The icon on my desktop that said "Continue SweetIM installation" meant I somehow stopped the installation
...Your case is starting to sound familiar. I downloaded Utorrent, or something like that, a formerly legitimate torrent software that, in it's final update, packaged in a bunch of adware and easily-infested programs. I cleared it all out with Malwarebytes, despite not suffering several of the virus infection symptoms (i.e. browser hijacking n stuff).

yeah

OH GOD THE OBJECTS DETECTED HAS WENT UP TO 17 18 NOPE UP TO 19 NOW

the worst that has happened was my browser randomly closing or a random window opening, right now Malwarebytes is detecting things on Quick Scan

Should I do a full-scan and leave the laptop on the rest of the night?

OKAY OBJECTS DETECTED HAS JUST NOW RISEN UP TO 21

it's just that i'm REALLY REALLY scared of viruses or trojans getting stuff like credit card info or personal information or stuff like that..

I had forty "infected" files once.

Man, that was one hell of a night.

Just goes to show you that you shouldn't go to questionable websites without protection. Always bring a digital rubber.