Author Topic: RTB and Steam  (Read 11035 times)

RTB is made for Blockland.  Steam is a "one size fits most".

Simple as that.

One thing that should be considered is a different hotkey for RTB. Both RTB and Steam work on Shift+Tab, if you are going to use Blockland and RTB on Steam you are going to have a bad time. You could, of course, rebind the key, but it would be better if a new hotkey was there by default.

Dumb friend-Play Tezuni's Jail Escape once.
Praise the lord - Crashed Tezunis server atleast once.

Steam Workshop should be used to download and share saves that you have built.
Isn't RTB supposed to do that sometime soon?

One thing that should be considered is a different hotkey for RTB. Both RTB and Steam work on Shift+Tab, if you are going to use Blockland and RTB on Steam you are going to have a bad time. You could, of course, rebind the key, but it would be better if a new hotkey was there by default.
I'd change both because if I'm crouching and want to go from 1st person to 3rd (or vice versa), then it opens RTB, which I find annoying.

I'm thinking about using both.

RTB was made just for Blockland, and it has convenient functions such as mod-management. Also, not everybody uses Steam to play blockland, so I'll be better off using RTB.

However, in-game Steam interface would allow me to open up group chats or check if  my outside-BL friends are online.

So simple solution: use both if it's possible.

isn't steam shift-tab as well?  lol

isn't steam shift-tab as well?  lol
you can change it for both of them

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:39:29 PM by Blake1 »

The sad part is people will begin using RTB less.
I see no reason why to use it less.

How did this become an achievement discussion thread.

How did this become an achievement discussion thread.
BL forums

I think it's been said, we'll have to see.

I see no reason why to use it less.
Those who have Steam will use it instead of RTB.
Some may create a Steam account (maybe because of friends) and use it instead of RTB.
Others may not create a Steam account and just use RTB.

I can see why people may use Steam, because of their friends on Steam, or just the fact that it has a bigger usage than RTB.
I don't think I'll create a Steam account, since I'm not the biggest gamer. May just use RTB unless it gets shut down.

I'd change both because if I'm crouching and want to go from 1st person to 3rd (or vice versa), then it opens RTB, which I find annoying.
Same. It is all ASDF in TDM's.

Popular Blockhead- have 15 people on your server at once
inb4multicleinting

I do not believe any control should ever be JUST shift, or JUST ctrl, or JUST alt. This is why I change my crouch to x.
A lot of commands are done with combinations of shift, ctrl, and alt, and need to be held before any other keys are pressed. Including typing certain symbols and quickly typing capital letters.