Author Topic: RTB and Steam  (Read 11041 times)

I could devote myself to assist steam in making a new "connect client" specifically for Blockland and steam workshop

I could devote myself to assist steam in making a new "connect client" specifically for Blockland and steam workshop

Workshop doesn't work for blockland
Blockland add-on sharing portals require that a trusted moderator approves of the add-ons

inb4multicleinting
They could add something that makes it so each player has to have a different ID when working on the achievement.

They could add something that makes it so each player has to have a different ID when working on the achievement.
Or I could just call the functions and get all archievements instantly?

Cheater- Use the call functions to get achievements
Add that as a secret one, if someone has it than they are busted  :cookieMonster:

Cheater- Use the call functions to get achievements
Add that as a secret one, if someone has it than they are busted  :cookieMonster:
Or I could just get all the archievements without that one?

How is that a problem, though?

How is that a problem, though?
It completely removes the purpose of the archievements?

Or I could just get all the archievements without that one?
I mean like, if the game catches you activating the function than it'll put that on your achievements.

No? Achievements are just tiny pieces of text that have no effect - if you want to hackishly bypass them, sure, do that; nobody cares.

Wow man you guys are such cool hackers

I mean like, if the game catches you activating the function than it'll put that on your achievements.
But to give you that archievement for doing whatever it would also have to call that function

There's a third party program that you can use to unlock steam achievements (at least it used to work, I don't know if they fixed it from working) that I used once when TF2 weapon unlocks were tied solely to achievements
But few people even used it, instead you had a ton of achievement farming servers

Achievements could work well as an incentive to do positive things for the community though.
In theory, like you could have an achievement for uploading an Add on and having it get a certain amount of downloads or a high enough rating. But I can't think of more than a couple examples of similar things that would be easy to detect.

But to give you that archievement for doing whatever it would also have to call that function
Hm
Damn, call function ception.

Achievements are a good thing to talk about (and joke about) but I doubt they'll be added.