Does Badspot Work All By Himself?

Author Topic: Does Badspot Work All By Himself?  (Read 4151 times)

Does Badspot have anyone helping him with the development of Blockland (you know, other than the modders).

I believe Rotondo and Kompressor help as well. However, I believe that Kompressor only works on things that have to do with editing/changing the main engine. Rotondo basically performs the same tasks as Badspot does.

I believe Rotondo and Kompressor help as well. However, I believe that Kompressor only works on things that have to do with editing/changing the main engine. Rotondo basically performs the same tasks as Badspot does.

I don't believe that Rotondo has access to the source code. Look at the bots he made - they use hacks to get things (like the GUI) to work rather than being tied into the game, as, in my opinion, they should have been.

Edit: To add on this, Badspot seems to do more work in TorqueScript than in C++, while kompressor handles the more advanced issues such as the oct-tree, networking (?), and shaders.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:59:44 PM by Greek2me »

Badspot does many things on his own, but Kompressor and Rotondo have helped with the making of many Blockland features. I think for the most part, Badspot works by himself.

I don't believe that Rotondo has access to the source code. Look at the bots he made - they use hacks to get things (like the GUI) to work rather than being tied into the game, as, in my opinion, they should have been.

Edit: To add on this, Badspot seems to do more work in TorqueScript than in C++, while kompressor handles the more advanced issues such as the oct-tree, networking (?), and shaders.
So would you suggest making it so Bots were part of the game itself?

I've pressed F1 a few times before.

http://blog.bengarney.com/about/
Ben Garney helps you build better games faster cheaper.  He is an expert in game engine architecture, design, and implementation with experience running engineering teams from 1 to 40 members.

In 2007, Ben began contributing to Blockland, a multiplayer brick building game. Areas of improvement include destructible user environments with multithreaded physics, HTTP asset streaming, substantial network performance improvements, and support shaders + shadows.

we should get a kompressor's beard model for blockland
I'd wear it a lot, I think

guys lets make gif edits with his face

http://blog.bengarney.com/about/

I wonder whether badspot pays him to do that stuff or whether they are just friends and work together sometimes

I wonder whether badspot pays him to do that stuff or whether they are just friends and work together sometimes
I'm curious too. It sounds like he's done a lot of the core components of the game.