What the heck happened to the people in the community?

Author Topic: What the heck happened to the people in the community?  (Read 5905 times)

is it just me or was building in rtb easyer? all the good builds that i saw in rtb made kinda bad builds, while the builds i see in retail are MUCH better! Did  they add more bricks?

I didn't like the idea of stretching bricks in RTB in those days...it was kinda dodgy for me
if built something without stretching bricks in RTB once,the community thought it was spam and destroyed it :(

Vanilla ftw? I played blm 1.6a and all the AiO/AiO-r's. Alot of the community is now noobs. I don't exactly understand why. I miss the first week I had blockland...

Any one that was on my server the very first night, we never fought or had to kick anyone. It was wonderful. We had a phrase, "Who needs arguing and kicking, this is Retail." 
That's obviously gone.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 05:29:45 PM by tapemaster21 »

I decided to go check out the RTB servers and found someone running BLM1.2a.

Good God, how the hell did he get that?! I know you don't know but I'm just throwing out a general question.

I mite be new to him and must of stumbled across a website that had 1.2a.

i remember the first time i learned to use editor wand.... ah good times... it seems so long ago.. blockland has grown up......alot.......
im hungry

What happened is more people found out about the game. So, as more people find out about it, the more noobs we get. Some just never learn. So, you can expect the ratio to get worse and worse as more new people join the game. It's also worse, because your average Blockland player is under 16* years old, so most of them start to think they are on top of the world or something, and have poor moral standards, and can't get it through their heads that they should take critique with an open mind, no matter how harsh it is.

At least now we don't have stretching and other stupid useless handicapped stuff that people abused in RTB and so on. Seriously, I was so sick and tired of seeing people stretch plates to ugly odd shapes, making it so that you have to see the textures, and then you wonder "how the panda could they even think that's anywhere near aesthetically pleasing?!".

*I mean no offense (to the non-noobs) by the age thing. I'm just pointing this fact out.

Building in RTB was cooler because for the people who had detail in their builds (like me), we created cool servers with unique features.  Also, we were allowed to edit more of the game, so it pwned more than retail, but no one cares anymore.  People don't want to waste their $20 that they spent on retail so they just keep playing retail since no one plays the old rtb anymore D:

RTB 1.045 Population:  2688
RTB 1.045 Population (After The Release Of Retail):  4

lol wtf? there was NEVER 2688 players on blockland pre-retail
there might have been maybe 300 active players on all mods combined.
there wasn't even much of a community at all till retail

are you counting the rtb forum member count or something? because that dont count as players. nor even active ones.

lol wtf? there was NEVER 2688 players on blockland pre-retail
there might have been maybe 300 active players on all mods combined.
there wasn't even much of a community at all till retail

are you counting the rtb forum member count or something? because that dont count as players. nor even active ones.
QFT

I wasn't part of that...

RTB - 1.042323407(wutever)
Vanilla - like 7
AiO-R - 1 or 2 counting my brother

Here's what happened in my point of view.

Before Retail, everyone was in RTB. Then Retail was released, 2/3 of the people went to it, 1/6 of the people quit Blockland together, 1/12 stayed and didn't want to pay for retail or hated it (MrCookie :( ), and another 1/12 of people found out about Vanilla but didn't want to waste $20 on awesomeness.

2/3 + 1/6 + (1/12 + 1/12) = 1.0