What the heck happened to the people in the community?

Author Topic: What the heck happened to the people in the community?  (Read 6001 times)

Back in the old RTB days about 2/3 of the people making up the community were awesome builders who built anything. The other 1/3 were noobs who couldn't build stuff.

Nowadays its like 1/3 of Blockland 8 are good builders and the other 2/3 are noobs who make the crap rules and builds. Pretty much 1/3 of the awesome people didn't appreciate retail and stayed at RTB.

What the forget happened.

I wasn't aware that any cool people stayed on RTB, nor how you have determined that they did.

Names?

I decided to go check out the RTB servers and found someone running BLM1.2a.

Lol?

I sometimes would host 1.6a for friends...

Badspot

• Administrator
Selective memory.  It never was that good, you've just forgotten all the parts that were stuff.

You RTB people are funny...

Selective memory.  It never was that good, you've just forgotten all the parts that were ice cream.
i remember the first time i learned to use editor wand.... ah good times... it seems so long ago.. blockland has grown up......alot.......
im hungry

RTB was cool and fun before Retail was out, but there were too many cons to it, 1x1 brcik spammers, 32x32 roadplate spammers, and those annoying super big bricks that couldn't be killed with a hammer, a magic wand, and it couldn't be edited with a editor wand, it had to be deleted with world editor

How did people do those anyway? The editor wand can't do 0 scale bricks, it can only do down to 0.1 scale, and there ain't no less than 0.0#'s either O.O

RTB was cool and fun before Retail was out, but there were too many cons to it, 1x1 brcik spammers, 32x32 roadplate spammers, and those annoying super big bricks that couldn't be killed with a hammer, a magic wand, and it couldn't be edited with a editor wand, it had to be deleted with world editor

How did people do those anyway? The editor wand can't do 0 scale bricks, it can only do down to 0.1 scale, and there ain't no less than 0.0#'s either O.O
there was a way to trick it by putting 00

Some good builders on RTB stayed on RTB since they can't build stuff without stretching etc :cookieMonster:

I stayed in rtb because retail was retail (costed money).  And ma servers used to be filled with people until retail came out.

lol, RTB was fun and stuff but i find it actully easyer on Retail, now i don't need the wand to modify bricks.

It was too hard to make a building look good in them days, because people expected the most tiniest of details because you had the power of the editor wand.