Author Topic: Sign my petition to yellow pages  (Read 2231 times)

https://www.change.org/petitions/yellow-pages-deliver-phone-books-only-by-request

desc: Why deliver phone books when we aren't even going to use them? We have our mobile devices and our computers to search with. These books are wasting trees and ink, and being thrown away so often. Yellow pages, only deliver to folks who request it, please. It would save a lot of time and trees. (not to mention ink.)

Please, it'd do a lot of good.

Um......ok? Guess I'll sign...

I'm too lazy to google my neighbors phone number.

I'm too lazy to google my neighbors phone number.

but you're not too lazy to search for a loving half hour through a 6 pound book of ads?

also walk to your neighbor's house dimwit

but you're not too lazy to search for a loving half hour through a 6 pound book of ads?

also walk to your neighbor's house dimwit
but if you know your neighbor's name then you won't have to spend a half hour searching

but if you know your neighbor's name then you won't have to spend a half hour searching

idk how to even LOOK in that thing

it's faster to google anyway and it's LESS TREES PEOPLE

how do you not know how to look through a phone book it is literally a dictionary for people

how do you not know how to look through a phone book it is literally a dictionary for people

not the phone book i got today

that's not even relevant though, i'm talking about saving trees and ink.

the whole reason their site was put up was because they could stop delivering those loving things

Every query you make to Google uses some amount of energy to perform. Once the phone book is produced and delivered the only energy it will be using is your body's to pick it up and flip through pages. So after you've made about 5.6 x 1011 searches for your neighbor's phone number the phone book actually ends up using less energy.

Every query you make to Google uses some amount of energy to perform. Once the phone book is produced and delivered the only energy it will be using is your body's to pick it up and flip through pages. So after you've made about 5.6 x 1011 searches for your neighbor's phone number the phone book actually ends up using less energy.

I really don't see how this moots the point of how many trees are being used and the amount of ink being wasted.

So after you've made about 5.6 x 1011 searches for your neighbor's phone number the phone book actually ends up using less energy.
That's a stuffload of searches.