Author Topic: Still not working.  (Read 1506 times)

Well I still can't play, there's no error message, nothing, it just crashes with a windows report error.

Everything you need to know:

CPU: Intel Celeron 2.62ghz processor
GFX card: NVidia GeForce 7600GS AGP 256mb
Ram: 768mb ram

the error I get when it crashes, with teh expanded information:

Please help me, I want to play, bad.

Oh yes, it's from a fresh install, too.

If it crashes at the video settings then something might have busted a fuse in that section.

Try deleting Key.dat? Make sure your not on a flash drive or something too.

Try deleting Key.dat? Make sure your not on a flash drive or something too.

KEY.DAT HOLDS YOUR KEY NUB

Try deleting Key.dat?

Key.dat doesn't exist, I can't even get into the menu to put my key into generate one.

Make sure your not on a flash drive or something too.

It's on my main harddrive.

If it crashes at the video settings then something might have busted a fuse in that section.
Everything else runs fine, I just can't run torque games.

You might want to try this:
So off I went to a 3DFX web site and got myself these files, glide2x.dll, glide3x.dll and glide2x.ovl. I removed the files: opengl32.dll and opengl32.dll.tmp from the windows system32 folder and kept them in a safe place just in cast I had to restore them. then put glide2x.dll and glide3x.dll in the system32 folder and glide2x.ovl in the windows directory and "HEY PRESTO" all my games work perfectly. but I ask myself "Why does it work"
by the way I'm using WinXP Pro SP2, Saphire Radeon 9550se 128mb, 512mb memory, xp2500 barton all on an Asus A7V8X-X

had a little trouble finding the glide2x.ovl but I think I've got it, when the download completes lemme test it and I'll report back here.

OH F*CK YES GEEK, YOU F*CKING ROCK, THANK YOU SO F*CKING MUCH. Although there's some weird artifacts on the menu windows (there's like a pink fade from the corners) IT'S WORKING GREAT! THANK YOU!