Hotel (yea, it really isn't a skyscraper)

Author Topic: Hotel (yea, it really isn't a skyscraper)  (Read 4936 times)

Alright, I pushed myself a little farther today. I took some advice, and the old maxim "Practice make perfect," and created a tower. Now keep in mind this is my first 'finished' tower (if you could even call it finished, it has nothing on the insides). So, it being my first, hopefully of many more, I wanted your guys opinions on what to improve, what to remove, and overall encouragement. And for those of you who still ask, yes people like me still build every once in a blue moon.

Here we gooooo:

The Frontside

Angle 1

Angle 2

Inside - First Floor

Inside - All the other Floors

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Yes, you can rate x/10.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:03:46 PM by Captn »

2/10, not much detail, no shape but for a plain square and overall it just looks terrible.

You know that doesn't look anything like a skyscraper. :o

Looks more like a hotel, kind of interesting.

Looks more like a hotel, kind of interesting.

Much better description. Although I was aiming for a Skyscraper, I came out more with a hotel.

1. Lacks detail. Needs a lot of work. (0)
2. Anyone can replicate it, this is not gallery worthy. (0)
    It is EASY to replicate than the others.
3. Separated from amateur's builds. (2)
4. Lacks interior, it is just a building, no way of telling it being a hotel. (-1)

Overall Rating: 1/10
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:18:43 PM by TB2 »

i don't get what you mean by that, anybody can replicate a build no matter how good or bad it is

i don't get what you mean by that, anybody can replicate a build no matter how good or bad it is
There. Happy?

1. Lacks detail. Needs a lot of work. (0)
3. Separated from amateur's builds. (2)
4. Lacks interior, it is just a building, no way of telling it being a hotel. (-1)

Overall Rating: 1/10
yeah i doubt you can build better than the op you're just being a critic.

Trying to be enthusiastic to the OP, I rate it 5/10. Could use some interiors and a little better color variety.

Blake, you are the kind of person that "OMG THAT BUILD IS AMAZING" trying to make them feel good. You can't even understand what a "drama topic" is. I am a critic, that is the whole point of replying to a gallery topic. Someone above me voted it 2/10. Why not yell at them? God, I hate people like you. I can build better than THAT thing.

Blake, you are the kind of person that "OMG THAT BUILD IS AMAZING" trying to make them feel good. You can't even understand what a "drama topic" is. I am a critic, that is the whole point of replying to a gallery topic. Someone above me voted it 2/10. Why not yell at them? God, I hate people like you.
I hate idiots like you who start up random stuff. You can't even understand how to start up a loving dedicated server or how to fix your internet. Get out.

Also I was trying to be encouraging to the OP to keep making builds. You over react way too much.

So what, I am not the biggest nerd in the world?

Blake, you are the kind of person that "OMG THAT BUILD IS AMAZING" trying to make them feel good.
Here you go in the first loving sentence you flame me for not being a critic.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:32:35 PM by Blake1 »

im sorry that i have to put it this way but it looks like a bad box with really weird oval windows

Alright, first hotel thing was pretty much a flop. Yea, now that I look it over, it is an eyesore (probably them stripes making it look fat). What do you guys think I could do better? So far I've gotten this:

- more color variation
- less boxy, more unique shape
- use square windows

Anything else I should shoot for during my next attempt?