Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 858640 times)

Viper is the most scary car around imo

R A W  P O W E R

I was passed down a 2013 Kia Sorento after my uncle died. Nice little 4cyl but doesn’t bite too hard. Might put some 12’s in it, not sure.

How do I get driver license

How do I get driver license
I just had my mom teach me. We started by driving in cemeteries and parking lots (2 or 3 sessions like this) before moving onto real roads. (low speed ones at first) Then we moved on to higher speed roads and highways, and all the while we were also practicing parking and stuff like that. You could probably learn how to drive in less than a month like this, but we staggered it out a bit long so it took me like two.

Before the test we hired a driving instructor (which came with a car we could use during the road test) and she showed me the exact route the person testing me would direct me on as well. The difficulty of the test varies wildly by where you are but I took mine in Chicago and it was incredibly easy, mostly because the Chicago DMV is so strapped for resources that they can't make their test very complicated.

I just had my mom teach me. We started by driving in cemeteries and parking lots (2 or 3 sessions like this) before moving onto real roads. (low speed ones at first) Then we moved on to higher speed roads and highways, and all the while we were also practicing parking and stuff like that. You could probably learn how to drive in less than a month like this, but we staggered it out a bit long so it took me like two.

Before the test we hired a driving instructor (which came with a car we could use during the road test) and she showed me the exact route the person testing me would direct me on as well. The difficulty of the test varies wildly by where you are but I took mine in Chicago and it was incredibly easy, mostly because the Chicago DMV is so strapped for resources that they can't make their test very complicated.
how old were you? i've asked my mom about taking me to the mesa and teaching me but i dont have a permit yet sooooo

how old were you? i've asked my mom about taking me to the mesa and teaching me but i dont have a permit yet sooooo
I started learning in like July of this year and got my permit at the end of August. So I was 18 and I turned 19 during July. I did get my permit before that, but getting your permit is very easy in Chicago, you just need to do a written test to prove you know the rules of the road.

does anyone know if you actually need to know how to drive prior to going to driving school? the ones here are like $400 but they provide like 10 hours of driving with a "professional".