Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 846574 times)

This is my mom's car
(Kia spectra)

So....

It still looks like I'm going for my license tomorrow.  Thing is, I've never driven the van yet.  It is a Ford E-350 just like the old van, but it is five years newer and I'm not sure if it'll be different in sensitivity.

Not the exact van, but exactly the same.  Worried about parallel parking.

Why on earth are you testing in that? Don't tell me that's your vehicle.

I tested in my bigass car and they didn't make me parallel park.

opinions on dropping a 5.0L V8 from a standard Ford Explorer into a Sport Trac?

Model S is awesome. In so many ways.

Also after a year working in a shop I would never buy Michelin or most Goodyear tires. Michelins always weather crack after a year or two and Goodyears are just all around garbage. I have some on my Intrigue's winter rims and while the ride and noise and traction is awesome (because theres sub-10,000 miles on them), the ones that were on the front have a completely unreasonable amount of shoulder wear. The car is completely in spec as far as an alignment, all parts are good. I figured out later that that certain line always wears like that no matter what its on or anything. They're just stuffty. Also they always develop these weird bulges and wires will start poking through the tire while theres still more than half tread left. Just trash.

Anyways. Unnecessary rant.

I recently bought four new Toyos for my Intrigue too, couldn't be happier with their performance so far.

Model S is awesome. In so many ways.

Also after a year working in a shop I would never buy Michelin or most Goodyear tires. Michelins always weather crack after a year or two and Goodyears are just all around garbage. I have some on my Intrigue's winter rims and while the ride and noise and traction is awesome (because theres sub-10,000 miles on them), the ones that were on the front have a completely unreasonable amount of shoulder wear. The car is completely in spec as far as an alignment, all parts are good. I figured out later that that certain line always wears like that no matter what its on or anything. They're just stuffty. Also they always develop these weird bulges and wires will start poking through the tire while theres still more than half tread left. Just trash.

Anyways. Unnecessary rant.

I recently bought four new Toyos for my Intrigue too, couldn't be happier with their performance so far.
pirellis or gtfo
dunlops are ok too

Why on earth are you testing in that? Don't tell me that's your vehicle.

I tested in my bigass car and they didn't make me parallel park.

That's the only car I have that I can drive.

pirellis or gtfo
dunlops are ok too

Idk we never mount Pirellis since I think they only have one line of all season tires. Not any Dunlops around here like at all either lol. Mainly Bridgestone, Firestone, Toyos, some Mastercraft. We'll obviously order anything though.

Oh and some Nitto Mud Terrains show up occasionally.

http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-alfa-romeo-licence-announced

part of me wants a spider to be in the game
but the other part knows that if it does get in the game then i will do nothing but complain about every little thing the game gets wrong :)

also
dad water u doing

there is a thingie on the lawnmover to prevent this

When I took my driving test I literally chatted casually and joked about stuff as I drove. It was a really interesting experience, and I'm pretty sure I could have done a hand-brake turn and I would have still passed because of the energy we had going in the car.

When I took my driving test I literally chatted casually and joked about stuff as I drove. It was a really interesting experience, and I'm pretty sure I could have done a hand-brake turn and I would have still passed because of the energy we had going in the car.

My instructor kept mixing up directions and I had to keep correcting her.  For example, she wanted me to turn right and go the wrong way up an interstate ramp and I said, "....you mean left??"

So the Corvette plant is keeping their sinkhole as an attraction. Not if this was posted already.
LINK

I'm probably about to get the biggest amount of stuff thrown at me for saying this but I love anything stance and JDM (except hondas. Your '93 economy car with a loud ass exhaust is not a race car, it's a piece of stuff.)

that being said my dream tuner is a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 (actual dream car being an aventador because i'm generic)

Realistically though i'll probably be buying a secondhand GTI, which i would like to stance to get a look like this and then stickerbomb the trunk (for those who have no idea what i'm talking about)
what do you guys think? Any other suggestions on what kind of first car I should be looking for?

call me a ricer all you want.

So for some reason I am liking the Subaru Impreza WRX. It isnt normal for me to like Japanese cars, but this is one car they sure did right. I have been driving it a lot in Gran Turismo 6 too. Here are a few pictures I took. Let me know if any are broken

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:40:00 PM by Skig »

Oops, double posted those