Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847862 times)

I legit feel terrible. There's like this sunken feeling in my chest that's filled with dread.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:42:53 AM by $trinick »

Holy stuff that sucks. Wonder how much that bill will be.

When the corvette sinkhole opened up, I probably felt the same way. I have never seen irony like that before or since. It was so sad.

Sucks for your friend though. Hope insurance helps a lot.

Holy stuff that sucks. Wonder how much that bill will be.
w/e his deductible is for his insurance. Probably like $300-500.

w/e his deductible is for his insurance. Probably like $300-500.

I don't know anything about ordering GT-R parts, but that seems pretty reasonable.  Are all GT-Rs imported from Japan or do they make parts/cars here?

I don't know anything about ordering GT-R parts, but that seems pretty reasonable.  Are all GT-Rs imported from Japan or do they make parts/cars here?
They're assembled by hand by one of five artisans that are certified by Nissan to make GT-Rs.

so apparently the EPA is going to be enforcing the clean air act more to stop coal-rolling n' stuff

It is a violation of the [Clean Air Act] to manufacture, sell, or install a part for a motor vehicle that bypasses, defeats, or renders inoperative any emission control device. For example, computer software that alters diesel fuel injection timing is a defeat device. Defeat devices, which are often sold to enhance engine performance, work by disabling a vehicle's emission controls, causing air pollution. As a result of EPA enforcement, some of the largest manufacturers of defeat devices have agreed to pay penalties and stop the sale of defeat devices.

The CAA prohibits anyone from tampering with an emission control device on a motor vehicle by removing it or making it inoperable prior to or after the sale or delivery to the buyer. A vehicle's emission control system is designed to limit emissions of harmful pollutants from vehicles or engines. EPA works with manufacturers to ensure that they design their components with tamper-proofing, addresses trade groups to educate mechanics about the importance of maintaining the emission control systems, and prosecutes cases where significant or imminent harm is occurring.

THANKS OBAMA

ugh it would be nice if EPA/goverment knew stuff about tuning before they make everything illegal
i mean i can understand why messing with your ecu to make metric forget tons of smoke would be illegal
but why should installing a performance ecu be illegal?

ECU stands for Engine Control Unit, not Emission Control Unit. A performance ECU is perfectly legal as long as it does not tamper with emission controls.

Unfortunately, most tunes do tamper with emission controls.

A Datsun 240Z just pulled up next to me at Walmart. I'll get pics but it is 11pm so its dark.

Edit: pics
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:03:13 PM by XR-7 »

ECU stands for Engine Control Unit, not Emission Control Unit. A performance ECU is perfectly legal as long as it does not tamper with emission controls.

Unfortunately, most tunes do tamper with emission controls.
yeah i figured i would get those two mixed up lol

also GODDAMN 240's I WANT ONE

I think it was my first nissan in forza 2

yay my predecessor
but wouldn't that be the 350z

dat ass doe'

loving FENDER MIRRORS ARE loveY AS forget

but wouldn't that be the 350z

It's not my direct predecessor, but it's still a predecessor of mine. The 350z was preceded by the 300zx, which was preceded by the 280zx, 280z, 260z, then the 240z.

oh
that seems kinda
lacking in the practicality department

what the forget

if i had an opportunity to get a 370z i'd take it hands down.

you're slacking man.