Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847575 times)

http://lower--echelon.tumblr.com/post/128580689604/another-video-popping-and-backfire-is-hella-when
http://lower--echelon.tumblr.com/post/128580615607/video-courtesy-of-my-sister-i-am-so-happy-ahhhhh

i just got a muffler delete on my car. (3.5 inch blue burnt tips look hella sick too)

holy forget this stuff is insane, backfire and hella popping when driving hard it feels like a brand new loving car. If anyone is in South FL Gexhaust in Davie FL will hook it the forget up.
 did you mean the Dinka Jester?
pageloss because i wanna show off

i never understood why anyone would want to make their car sound like this
its just like those people that rev their bikes for no other reason than to get people to look at them
how about instead of dumping money on exhaust you dump money into the engine  
warranty breh, im keeping my stuff stock until its done, then i'll go crazy. video does it no justice and it sounds nice and i like it. I mod my car for myself. if your car popped and backfired while flying onto the highway you'd be pretty happy.

next is a 3inch midpipe and jpipe which apparently should gain me about 80hp
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:51:15 PM by Skateaton »

warranty breh, im keeping my stuff stock until its done, then i'll go crazy. video does it no justice and it sounds nice and i like it. I mod my car for myself.

i dont see how modifying the exhaust keeps it in warranty but okay
kind of bad on whoever wrote that warranty

He means the car is new enough that it is still under warranty for the stock parts

He's not gonna drop in a new engine and throw away his warranty on the one he already has

exhaust doesn't really affect anything engine wise besides adding a couple hp that wont kill the car. If the engine goes and they can somehow link it to the exhaust being the problem thats when they'll stop covering it and just tell me i forgeted up.

it's a pretty solid sound (actually extremely nice imo, not like some honda bullstuff) so im happy with it.

edit: my next plan for right now is a blow off valve, which is when i'll admit im just showing off at that point :P, im calling subaru today to see if that will be covered under warranty, i was told it should be
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:56:13 PM by Skateaton »

Finally looking forward to getting my air system functioning again, it has been playing the game now where it will turn on but the next time I start my car, it will not work again.

warranty breh, im keeping my stuff stock until its done, then i'll go crazy. video does it no justice and it sounds nice and i like it. I mod my car for myself. if your car popped and backfired while flying onto the highway you'd be pretty happy.

jesus
never would of thought an exhaust modification would increase HP by that much

also since we're doing exhaust videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPSeu8i9qIA
#shamelessselfplug

jesus
never would of thought an exhaust modification would increase HP by that much

also since we're doing exhaust videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPSeu8i9qIA
#shamelessselfplug
that's what i hear, the Jpipe alone is supposed to bring me 60hp. I don't know too much about the numbers and how it does it.

Hey guys, what are the advantages and disadvantages in using propane and gasoline? All I know by now is that propane is a hell of a lot cheaper than gas.

Hey guys, what are the advantages and disadvantages in using propane and gasoline? All I know by now is that propane is a hell of a lot cheaper than gas.
by propane do you mean like CNG? of thats what you mean then you'll have stuff horsepower and you probably won't gain much fuel mileage.

Yes, CNG. I am going to use the car around the city a lot and gas costs $13/L and CNG costs $3/m3.

revving in second gear the car pops and backfires hahaha nice

I ordered a Flowmaster muffler today for my Dart. Think I'll replace the resonator with it and do a muffler delete. I really am not sure how it'll sound but I hope it's not ricey, it's a bit daring with a 4cyl. It will be an identical setup to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLEbLqmpjPE

I ordered a Flowmaster muffler today for my Dart. Think I'll replace the resonator with it and do a muffler delete. I really am not sure how it'll sound but I hope it's not ricey, it's a bit daring with a 4cyl. It will be an identical setup to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLEbLqmpjPE
well it depends man, every 4 banger sounds different. mine sounds great, and other 4 bangers sound great too. It's a dodge so it's not going to sound terrible i would help. even hondas sound nice with the proper exhaust

well it depends man, every 4 banger sounds different. mine sounds great, and other 4 bangers sound great too. It's a dodge so it's not going to sound terrible i would help. even hondas sound nice with the proper exhaust
the subaru uses a boxer right? that will sound totally different than an inline 4.  Most inline 4's sound the same.

Hey guys if I ever stop posting it's likely because my car managed to satisfy its desire to kill me.

Today I put on a new Idle Air Control valve and a new Throttle Position Sensor, as well as cleaning out the throttle body where the above mentioned connect and cleaning old antifreeze from the top radiator hose/connector. But now something seems to be very wrong with the new TPS. The car freaks out at stoplights by trying to surge forward (but of course I don't allow it because of brakes), revs beyond 4000rpm before clunking and jumping into the next gear, and will occasionally hold a constant idle while in park beyond 2000rpm (This might be an IAC problem that needs a reset).

Tonight I ended up stranded at a gas station about 5 miles from home due to the age old refusal to idle. It would idle strong enough and the car would die immediately when I shifted into drive. I had my dad come rescue me while we fussed over the car for maybe 20 minutes. We disconnected the battery and reconnected it to reset things, double checked the connections that we'd replaced earlier, and ran codes. We managed to get it up to a stuttering idle and then it drove home okay (besides the incredibly high revs and delayed gear shifting.

The car is throwing two error codes: P0122 and P0172 (TPS low voltage and System Too Rich in Bank 1 respectively). In other words, I'll probably need the TPS adjusted. The second code has been thrown for the last couple weeks now and states that their is not enough oxygen in the fuel in bank 1. It doesn't seem to affect anything right now but I should get it figured out.

I need the car in order to drive the 25 mile round trip to class tomorrow, so I'm gonna give it a risky shot. Immediately when I'm done, I'm planning to take the car to my local mechanic's garage and leave it there while they diagnose and fix things. Hopefully they get somewhere with it because I have school and work every single day this week and need a car.