Poll

Should un-commented functions be included in the output by default?

Yes
7 (77.8%)
No
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: TorqueDoc | Ready for use!  (Read 4380 times)

Ah, it still looks extremely useful. Thanks.

Since it's written in TorqueScript (which doesn't have proper support for monitoring files) for some odd reason, that's not gonna happen. At least not unless you want to spam-read the HDD (just about the worst thing you could do for overall computer performance, save for spam-writing it).

It seemed appropriate to write documentation software in the language it will be used for.

It seemed appropriate to write documentation software in the language it will be used for.
Usually, that's done because that language exposes it's own parser so you don't need to rewrite it in order to get a useful AST for the language. TorqueScript doesn't.

Well I would have to do the parsing no matter what language I used. I used TS because

If I have time I might rewrite this as a Windows executable, since it'll be easier to do some advanced stuff. (I don't have time right now) Would that be okay with everybody?

If I have time I might rewrite this as a Windows executable, since it'll be easier to do some advanced stuff. (I don't have time right now) Would that be okay with everybody?

Well if you're willing to do it in a language other than TS now, perhaps you're willing to contribute to this rather than reinventing the wheel on that front? ;)

http://github.com/portify/dokus

Well if you're willing to do it in a language other than TS now, perhaps you're willing to contribute to this rather than reinventing the wheel on that front? ;)

http://github.com/portify/dokus

Well why didn't you tell me earlier!? Yeah, I'd love to. Of course, I don't have a ton of Python experience but that can be fixed.

TorqueDoc is ready for use!

TorqueDoc
The TorqueScript documentation generator.

Download Script_TorqueDoc.zip

List of Tags:
  • @author - List the author of this function. Multiple @author tags should be listed in order of significance.
  • @deprecated - Use the @deprecated tag to warn developers against using a function, because it may be removed in the future. This is useful when keeping old API functions for compatibility.
  • @link - Include a link to a webpage.
  • @param - Describe a parameter in the form "@param   varType varName   Description of the parameter."
  • @private - This function is not to be called by other scripts.
  • @return - Describes what the function returns in the form "@return   varType   Description of returned value."
  • @see - Creates a "See Also" link to another function.