Author Topic: hey everyone look i'm another blocklander that produces electronic music  (Read 1992 times)

hey i make generic electronic music like everyone else except i make it with physical equipment unlike all the other posers (haha forget those squares and their loving chili sequencing software.) seriously just look how loving professional as stuff my studio is. that's state of the art equipment right there motherforgeters (yes that one drum machine is missing knobs but that's only because i went too hardcore in the middle of a live set and twisted them so hard they vaporized)

anyway here are my super sik traks #whoa #damn #rad
ambient house track #3,489
terribleminimalhouse.wav
some kind of acid ambient house thing (wip)

the ambient house track is actually good

but as a whole i dont like anything but house or ambient so

also i want some cheap equipment like this for my birthday so what should i ask for
range $50-200

also i want some cheap equipment like this for my birthday so what should i ask for
range $50-200
In that price range, you'd probably be best getting a few used things that are a bit old. I got both the Boss DR-5 (all black thing with the dial at the top of the pic) and DR-202 (black thing with orange all over it near the bottom) for about $50 each, and that's all I used for the tracks I posted (along with an effects pedal my brother gave me for free so I don't know how much it is)

Synth-wise I have no idea; I just use the built in synth sounds on those drum machines. For anything else I'll probably use the Korg Monotribe ES-1 (sampler) I ordered off ebay (which ended up being $150 so you probably shouldn't get something like that right off the bat)

I really liked the ambient house.

In that price range, you'd probably be best getting a few used things that are a bit old. I got both the Boss DR-5 (all black thing with the dial at the top of the pic) and DR-202 (black thing with orange all over it near the bottom) for about $50 each, and that's all I used for the tracks I posted (along with an effects pedal my brother gave me for free so I don't know how much it is)

Synth-wise I have no idea; I just use the built in synth sounds on those drum machines. For anything else I'll probably use the Korg Monotribe ES-1 (sampler) I ordered off ebay (which ended up being $150 so you probably shouldn't get something like that right off the bat)
thanks. i used to have a keyboard, which i never used. but i had a friend that had a whole table of korg synthesizers and i loved playing with it

I think you should try making some minimal Techno. Might turn out very cool with that kind of setup.

just here to remind you that this is far superior to some stuff some person made on a laptop in 2 minutes.