Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120066 times)

Not necessarily.  If minigame resets and you respawn, then you could either keep or lose stuff.
Exactly. See, I know what I'm doing (well...most of the time :P).

this would mean that if you made it so people drop their backpacks on death or something, people could loot through them, right?
Yes; you'll be able to loot through other players' backpacks by picking up their backpack item. Also, with the new player-based event, you'll be able to take items directly from their backpacks while they still have it equipped - it's like the IS_TransferItem event, except it doesn't require a brick to be used.

I don't know if anybody's mentioned this previously, but when I use this and a hat mod the hat is removed upon closing the options or avatar menu.

omg i want ptg already

I don't know if anybody's mentioned this previously, but when I use this and a hat mod the hat is removed upon closing the options or avatar menu.
Hmm, I'll look into it; thanks for letting me know.

i want ptg already
It might take awhile 'cause I still have a lot going on. :/ But, I'll post an update as soon as I make more progress.

thanks for the information! sorry for bothering you over such a small thing which I could have figured out myself had I had the time.

this is really refined and just keeps getting better and better. looking forward to new mods from you!
would you ever consider doing something gamemode/zombie/AI-related?

thanks for the information! sorry for bothering you over such a small thing which I could have figured out myself had I had the time.

this is really refined and just keeps getting better and better. looking forward to new mods from you!
would you ever consider doing something gamemode/zombie/AI-related?
No problem! It's no bother. And I would love to do gamemodes and especially AI-related add-ons, but it's going to be difficult releasing add-ons from now on. However, I am planning to update the PTG terrain generator, as well as to finish a project with Furling (although, he wants to keep it private on his server).

Update: I'll be reposting v4, for download on the OP, shortly! I didn't expect RTB to do down until March 1st...

BUMP: A new download link for v4 has been posted on the OP; I might post a download mirror using DropBox as well later.

Can somebody send me the old event examples ( mostly the shop ones) please?

Is there a way to make a shop that you can pay for these items in exchange for points?

Is there a way to make a shop that you can pay for these items in exchange for points?
There was an 'event example' about this, but now it's gone, and I want somebody to show it to me if they can still find it

bump for eventual ptg

Is there a way you can make a person unable to move as they are opening up a storage container? Seems over powered that they can check a container and then move around to a safer location. Maybe have the container automatically close on the player if they move away too far?